Chapter 5 - Glimpse of the Past

Start from the beginning

Looking at the sky, it was currently dark, but with the help of the moonlight, I was able to see the other stars across the night sky shining brightly.

While I look at the ground, I was standing on a dirt that is dry enough to serve it as a foothold. Thankfully, it's not wet, or else, it will be much harder for me to walk around.

After I examine the surroundings, I quickly fell into deep thought as how I was transported in this place.

The last time I remember is that I was sleeping in my dorm room. And afterwards, I was suddenly transfered into this place.

This is most likely a dream as I can't think of any other reasons on how I got here.

Besides, it happened after I sleep, which solidifies my claim that this was definitely a dream.

"Huh?"

While I was in deep thought, I suddenly found my shadow, that was in front, instantly stretched upwards.

There might be some big fire that was ignited behind me.

Turning around to look at the fire. I felt disturbed as looking on to it.

A large flame swallowed up the piled-up bodies of humans. Maybe they were already dead before they are lighted by the fire.

While gazing at the burning bodies, I suddenly felt a stinging stare from my back. In response to the stare, I immediately turned my head to see who was looking at my back, and it was a little boy with long black hair tied in a ponytail. His age might be around twelve years old.

When I faced him in the front, I felt that my body was heavily subjected with immense pressure.

Luckily, I was not affected by his gaze which is apparent to my current state as I was still standing with no difficulty. His glare feels like a bug's bite.

While slowly looking at his crimson eyes, I felt a huge amount of bloodlust piercing into my soul. However, because of my strong mental strength, I didn't falter, even a little.

"!".

While looking at him, I can't help but exclaim as I recognize who he is.

"That boy..."

That boy...

There's no doubt...

That boy is definitely...

~~~

"Huah!".

As I opened my eyes, I immediately jumped out from my bed as a thin layer of sweat covered my face.

-Inhale...

-Exhale...

After breathing slowly, I was able to calm myself down.

Looking at the clock, it was still twelve in the morning and the surroundings is still dark. So I decided to sleep again later

Looking back to my dream earlier, I knew who that boy is...

Although, his face was covered in a shadow, there is one feature that helps me identify him.

His crimson red eyes filled with bloodlust...

There's no doubt...

That boy...

...was me.

~~~

Second day of April.

After I woke up because of my dream, I was able to sleep immediately and wake up on 5:30 in the morning and head out from my dorm at 6:30.