CH 1

/ CHAPTER 1  \
MEETING
Valerie Clinton

A/n
Finn singing My Kind of Women by Max Demarco will always be my favorite thing.
(more notes at the bottom of the chapter)
———————————————————————
I was thirteen when i came home from shopping with my Aunt Lily. We had gone school shopping, getting ready for my eight grade year. The day before my parents had gone with, but they decided to stay home that day.

If they had gone they would still be here.

If i was stubborn they could've gone with.
I can't go back to that day.

It was nine years ago.

It's all my fault.

"Valerie?" Lilian's voice brought me out of my thoughts. I've been rereading the same page for the past ten minutes because I keep getting distracted.

I closed the book, looking to my left to see her standing in the doorway to my bedroom. "Oh hi Lily." I smiled to her, receiving a warm one back.

She sighed and came over to my bed, sitting on it as the bed shifted just a tad from the new weight added to it. "So, my boss is holding a business trip, to New York, and the whole company has to go. And he said we could bring plus ones so.. do you want to go with me?"

"Oh i'd love to! I love going on trips." I smiled happily. It's true, when i was eleven my parents took me to Paris to see The Eiffel Tower, it's was so much fun.

"Great! You should start packing because i told you last minute and we leave at seven a.m tomorrow." She laughed softly, standing and going to my closet, pulling out a suitcase. "Pack a weeks worth of clothes. Pack Hoodies, Sweaters, jeans, sweats, shorts, and swim suits. And a few extra shoes." She said before walking out, and I stood. Deciding I should get to packing if i want to shower on time and then sleep before ten.

I was finally done packing, immediately wanting to get into the shower. I felt gross form the packing and also just from laying in bed all day.
-
After my shower I put on pajamas before i blow dried my hair, putting in a low ponytail because i hate waking up with hair in my face. Though sometimes a few strands end up on my face either way.

I grabbed my phone, setting an alarm for six-thirty a.m, before turning my L.E.D lights to red, turning the brightness down a tad, before drifting into a deep sleep, Micheal Bublé playing faintly in the background, calming me down.

The next morning i was woken up by Lilian thirty minutes before my alarm was supposed to wake me up. She usually wakes me up early for these types of things, just to be careful, she says.

When I fully woke up a different artest was playing, through I liked him I'd rather listen to Micheal Bublé.

"Hurry up, Valerie! This is why i wake you up early." Lilian said, trying to rush me faster than i could go.

The bus, full of women and men, was parked in front of our house. "Just leave your luggage on the curb, the driver will get it." She said while grabbing her suitcase and i followed, putting mine next to hers before we got on the bus.

We walked down the isle way, coming to a stop at a seat on the left side of the bus, next to men, the one sitting near the isle seeming very attractive and close to my age.