Chapter 6: A Friendly Neighbor

Start from the beginning

Marco: " I'm honestly speechless! Just how? what? just ..uhh"

Ziri: " Please tell me you don't have the Dizné Princess Syndrome !"

Luz:" Bruh! seriously? you know the full story!"

Thiyya:" You have the worst taste in guys, let's not rush into a relationship, last time you had a serial cheater as a boyfriend and you forgave him each time"

Marco: " The worst part is that HE left her!"

Maya:" So you're Marco, Luz only says good things about you!"

Ziri:" Yeah! she failed to mention you're hot"

Thiyya: " I like your galaxy tattoo, first time seeing a galaxy tattoo, that's awesome"

Marco: " Thank you guys, I'm flattered, Luz told me about you too but I'm not sure who's who!"

Luz's friends introduce each other and the extraterrestrials to Marco, while they're chatting, Aliaan grabs Luz's shirt and pulls her inside to have a private talk.

Aliaan * whispering*: " Do you like this Marco guy?"

Luz:" Duh! he's my friend and he helped me so many times, he's so nice to me"

Aliaan: " Because he has feelings for you, I'm asking if you reciprocate them"

Luz *blushes*: " Who are you asking for?"

Aliaan *sighs*: "Myself, obviously!"

Luz's head flushes with all kinds of daydreams of the birth of a romance between them, she shakes her head and brings herself back to reality.

Luz: " I don't have such feelings for him, you have nothing to worry about!" *winks*

Aliaan * scuffs*: " Worry? me? please! even if you did, it wouldn't matter to me, I know I'm better than him"

Luz finds his arrogance quite attractive, she begins to think that her life is becoming like one of those romance fiction books that she reads with the hot, mysterious, rich, rude male character, basically the man of her fantasies. 

Luz * lets her intrusive thought take over*: " Aliaan, are you rich?"

Aliaan: " Huh? in what sense?"

Luz:" Do you have a lot of money to buy whatever you want and live in luxury?" 

Aliaan: " In Aaraa, everyone is equal in wealth, we're only different in status!"

Luz: " That's dope, so you have no poor people? no one starving and living outside with no homes?"

Aliaan: " I can see why Maanaa hates this place, no, we have no such a thing, but I guess me and Maanaa will be rich here on Earth!"

Luz: " How so?"

Aliaan: " Before we came here, I read that diamonds and gold are rare here and are very expensive, well, in Aaraa, they're everywhere so we came with a bunch of them, to pay, for anything we need!"

Luz's eyes widen, and fireworks of excitement explode in her brain, she immediately begins imagining a life of luxury where she can dress like a fashionable actress from the 20s as she's driven in her white 1920s Mercedes

Aliaan looks at her in amusement, her sparkly eyes make him reveal a soft smile as if he just found something precious to protect, knowing that she is so easy to read, he also wants to take advantage of her naivety.

It's almost like he got hold of something he wants to protect from others just so he can play with it by himself. As if she only exists for his amusement. 

While Aliaan, knows deep down that he's cunning, he still thinks, he's not that bad since he also wants to protect her and give her the luxury she wants, knowing that it's worthless to him on his planet.

Marco's eyes kept searching for Luz, he caught some of their conversations as he went in to search for her. His gut instinct made him on alert when he first saw the two extraterrestrials as if he met wild unknown creatures, and after hearing their conversation, he is much wearier of Aliaan than ever.

But he's unsure of how to confront Luz with his concerns, he is afraid he might lose her in the process.