It Was Always You. 1/12

Hello! So before I start this mini-fic, I'd like to say thank you for all the love and support in my previous works. Since muse comes and goes, I'm sorry if my updates are sporadic. Secondly, for any requests please write them here as a comment and I'll try my best to get to it. 

Also tangent but, rosie is sooooo fine in the dance video I cannot !!!!!!!!! afford !!!!!!!!!!!! to !!!!!!!!!!! have !!!!!!!!! another !!!!!!! reason !!!!!!!!! to !!!!!!!!!! love !!!!!!!!! her !!!!!!!!

Another also, we all know there's something in US water that makes rosie extra so I'm excited for the vmas 

‧⁺◟( ᵒ̴̶̷̥́ ·̫ ᵒ̴̶̷̣̥̀ )

-

In an alternative universe where Jeon Jungkook and Park Chaeyoung dated as trainees but decided to break up because he didn't want to be in a relationship while he was officially no longer a trainee and now an idol. Years later, still has her in his mind. After unintentional circumstances amid COVID-19, he finds out that he's actually a father. 

For the purposes of fiction, let's pretend that Jeon Jungkook debuted when he was 18 so that things can make better sense >.>

-

June is always a difficult time for him.

As he's gotten older, Jeon Jungkook realises how immature he was when he'd first debuted. He felt as though he were on top of the world—and in some respect, he was, and thus, he did all that he could to make sure everything around him came crumbling down, even if it meant that they'd burn in the process.

He rode on a high for the first year, basking in the fame and glory but after another anniversary and another passes, he finds himself longing for something else.

Deep down he knows what's missing, or more so, who was the missing piece in his life.

Park Chaeyoung.

Although four years had passed, Jeon Jungkook recalls the day they'd broken up as though it were yesterday—their last date by the han river, chocolate sundaes in their hands as they watched the sun set.

"Things will get busier now that I'll debut next week," he told her at the time, putting down the empty ice cream cup beside him.

Even now as he closes his eyes, he can visualise the way she smiled so brightly, full of pride and joy as though she were the one who'd debuted. She cheered him on greater than any cheerleader.

"I know babe, I'm so proud of you," she told him, reaching out to her pocket to take out a leather wallet, "... I got this for you. I know you'll be busy next week so in case we can't see each other—happy early debut."

And he remembers the crashing feeling in his chest, knowing that on that very night, he'd break up with her.

Originally, he had planned to do it right there and then, but how could he when she smiled at him with such a genuinely spirit of happiness?

But when he took her back to the dorm, he looked her in the eye and told her, "... I'm sorry, let's end here. It's not fair that I'll be away and busy."

A lie.

Jeon Jungkook was a coward back then, making up excuses to conceal the fact that he simply wanted to leave his dreams with no pressure or burden.

Even today, he remembers the tears in her eyes—but oddly, she accepted.

No begging nor fighting nor pleads to give it a go, she simply thanked him through her own tears and went inside.

rosekook au.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara