Book 1: Chapter 7: Lots of ginseng tea

(Episode 9: The waterbending scroll)

(Trigger warnings: One-on-one violence, threats, violence)

They were flying again. Miko was sitting in the back of the saddle, drinking some crushed herbs mixed in cold water, which would've been better warm. The herbs were supposed to help on her morning sickness, but she felt more nauseous as she finished the drink. Momo was sitting on her shoulder, sniffing the water and sneezed at the smell of it. Katara was looking up at Aang who paced around in the saddle, breathing heavily, while Sokka was sitting by Appa's reins.

"Would you sit down? If we hit a bump, you'll go flying off. What's bugging you anyway?" Sokka snapped finally, tired of seeing Aang walking without anything holding him to the saddle.

"It's what Avatar Roku said. I'm supposed to master all four elements before the comet arrives" Aang exclaimed worriedly. Miko looked up, furrowing her eyebrows at her friends distress.

"Well, let's see. You pretty much mastered airbending and that only took you a hundred and twelve years. I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer" Sokka said sarcastically, looking over at Aang with an amused expression.

"I haven't even started waterbending and we're still weeks away from the North Pole. What am I gonna do?" he freaked out, walking faster between Miko and Katara.

"calm down, it's going to be okay. If you want, I can try to teach you some of the stuff I know" Katara tried calming him down, grabbing his arm and pulling him down next to her.

"You'd do that?" Aang smiled at her.

"We'll need to find a good source of water first" Katara nodded, looking over the side of Appa's saddle, searching for water.

"Maybe we can find a puddle for you to splash in" Sokka grinned sarcastically. Miko rolled her eyes, splashing the rest of the herb water on him.

"Hey!" he complained, looking over at her.

"And we'll try to find a way to stop Sokka's sarcasm" she smiled smugly, causing the two others to laugh.

Not long after, they had landed by a large waterfall that ended in a long and wide river. Aang and Katara grinned widely at each other, Miko breathed in deeply, enjoying the smell of grass, and Sokka was frowning.

"Nice puddle" Sokka commented. Appa flew into the river, creating a huge splash that washed over Momo, almost knocking him of a small rock and into the river.

"Yeah! Don't start without me boy!" Aang yelled happily, stripping himself of clothing as he ran towards the water.

"Remember the reason we're here" Katara said blankly, sending Aang a annoyed look. The young monk stopped and turned back to her, sending Katara a apologetic look.

"Oh right. Time to practise waterbending" Aang said, taking his clothes back on.

"Hey Aang, before you start, could you show me an airbending trick I could practise on?" Miko asked, taking a step towards the monk.

"Sure. You could try this one, I came up with it myself. I call it an air-scooter" Aang grinned, showing her the moves to manage the trick. Miko memorised his movements, then she nodded, letting Aang know that she had it.

"Great. So what am I supposed to do?" Sokka complained, pouting slightly.

"You could... clean the gunk out of Appa's toes" Aang suggested, handing Sokka a branch with a bunch of leaves at the end.

"So while you guys are playing with your bending, I'm supposed to be hard at work picking mud out of a giant bison's feet?" Sokka frowned, crossing his arms.