Donghyuck hummed and looked at her.

"Can you come here, please?"

When he did, Gayoon immediately stood up and hugged him. She nuzzled on his neck, inhaling his body scent as she felt him kiss the crown of her head.

"I love you, Hyuck," she whispered.

No further explanation; she just does. She just wants to say it. Gayoon just wanted him to know.

Donghyuck pulled away with a small smile, meeting her worried eyes.

He pecked on her lips at first, before Gayoon chased his lips and pressed them longer.

They ended up kissing—no lust was visible. Just something that they need after an eventful night.

"I love you too," Donghyuck whispered between their kisses. "I won't leave you, I promise."

There's that broken tone.

Gayoon pulled away, and her eyes widened in a fraction when she saw his tears heavily flowing along his cheeks.

Gayoon brushed it away as she cupped his face. The strong emotion was also playing on her own.

"Baby, what happened? Hmm?"

Donghyuck shook his head and hung his head down.

"Hyuck, love.."

"I promise," he sobbed, placing a hand atop hers. "I won't be like my father. I will be here beside you until our last breath. I'll be good." His voice cracks. "Please let me."

"What are you saying? Of course I will let you. Donghyuck, you don't have to ask." A tear dropped. "Baby, you're already the best for me. Stop being hard on yourself, hmm?"

"Gayoon, I'm sorry."

"For what, love?"

"Everything," he said, dropping his head on her shoulder. "Don't leave me, please."

"Oh, Hyuckie." Gayoon hugged him tight. "I won't leave you. I promise you that too. You and me, baby. Just you and me."

"T-thank you," he said, taking a heavy sigh and hugging her tighter. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Donghyuck finally calmed down after a few more minutes.

Gayoon insisted on a cold shower to wipe off the heavy feeling that remains in their system.

After that, Donghyuck is either clinging onto her or just being at a close distance from her.

He also told me what happened last night, threatening to cause another tear to form.

"I was so scared last night. My hands are literally trembling on the wheel; I just want to melt onto you. I just had you; then I'll be away from you again."

"Love, even if we'll be in different places for days, months, or even years, my feelings for you won't ever change. The soulmate bond is just a bonus. The bond will still connect us whether we're close or away from each other."

"I don't want to be away from you; that's it!" he scoffed.

"So, are you mad now?"

"I'm not," his lips lightly puckered.

Gayoon chuckled and pecked on it, though he pouted more.

"I want more."

"So demanding, Lee Donghyuck."

"Please?"

"Baby, what if we work in different places?"

"Present, babe. Don't talk about the future. I just want you now. Come here."

plays 'stay' by blackpink 

also me: ME WHEN