( fifteen ) will, oh my God.

╔═════   ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷:"𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕, 𝚘𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝙶𝚘𝚍

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷:
"𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕, 𝚘𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝙶𝚘𝚍."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

TWO DAYS.

A lot could happen in two days, as Mackenzie had come to learn.

Max's heart had stopped for over a full minute. She had been dead for over a minute, but suddenly, by some sort of miracle, it had restarted, and Max was placed in a coma. Megan and Erica had returned not long after that with paramedics for that. After all the murders in town, the paramedics were shocked to see that the girl with broken limbs and bleeding eyes was actually alive.

Mackenzie and Lucas hadn't been allowed to go with Max in the ambulance. She didn't even have the strength to argue with them. Mackenzie had watched, tears silently falling down her cheeks and her voice raspy from screaming, as Max's body got pulled out of the Creel house on a stretcher. Megan was gripping her hand tightly, but Mackenzie could barely feel it. All she felt was numb.

She also had bruises, in the shapes of fingerprints, around her neck from Jason choking her. They hurt only when she tried to talk. It reminded her of last summer when she had gotten bruises on her shoulders from Billy gripping her back at the sauna. That seemed like a million years ago.

As much as she didn't want to leave Max alone, Mackenzie knew that she was getting help from the hospital. Therefore, she had ultimately decided to go to Eddie's trailer to meet up with the group that had gone into the Upside Down while Lucas and Erica would go with Max to the hospital.

Mackenzie and Megan had gotten a ride back home from one of the cops who had shown up at the scene. They ignored the shouts of her mother of where the two of them had been and got on their bikes. The sisters pedaled the many miles back to Eddie's trailer, where only Steve, Nancy, Robin, and Dustin remained. Mackenzie had a horrible feeling as to where Eddie was.

They all looked okay, besides Dustin, who had a injured leg. He was also crying. Hearing Dustin sob so violently to the point that he couldn't breathe, choking out that Eddie had sacrificed himself, before he ultimately collapsed into Steve's arms, was an image Mackenzie was quite sure would never leave her head.

Nancy told her what had happened in the Upside Down Creel house. Vecna had been wounded severely. However, he had gotten away before they could officially kill him. That made Mackenzie's heart sink. He was still alive, and he was still going to reign terror over the town of Hawkins.