( eleven ) nancy won't wake up with music that has people screaming in it!

Start from the beginning

Mackenzie started to grab handfuls of the colorful pegs and put them into each spot in the Lite-Brite. The others helped as well. They unfortunately ruined Holly's bunny picture, but Mackenzie assumed this was more important. After about a minute, they finally filled each spot on the Lite-Brite with a peg.

"Okay, that's it, that's it, that's it," Dustin said. "Go, go, go, go, go, go, go!"

Lucas grabbed the plug and jumped forwards, landing on his stomach on Nancy's floor. He plugged it into the outlet underneath her vanity. Instantly, the Lite-Brite came to life, shining a multitude of colors.

"Okay, you guys seeing this?" Dustin shouted.

The lights pulsed brighter. Mackenzie grinned at it.

"Holy shit!" Erica exclaimed.

Dustin laughed and threw one arm around Erica and one around Mackenzie. He pulled them in closer to him for a minute, basking in the excitement.

"We're not moving it, but we're gonna unplug it," Dustin told them. "Stand by." He pointed to Lucas. "Yank it."

Lucas unplugged the cord to the Lite-Brite. It went dark.

"Okay, try it now."

In front of her eyes, Mackenzie watched as a stripe appeared on the Lite-Brite. There was no way it could've done that normally — one, it was off, and two, some of the lights were only half-on. So that meant it worked. Her eyes lit up in wonder as she watched more of the lights come to life.

H.

I.

Hi.

"Hey," Mackenzie called, feeling quite giddy, which was strange after everything they've been through.

"That worked!" Dustin called.

More letters started to appear on the Lite-Brite. They would fade after a while to make room for new letters as whoever was writing continued the message.

S.

T.

U.

"Stupid?" Dustin guessed. "Stupid?"

C.

K.

Stuck.

"Okay, they're — they're stuck in the Upside Down," Lucas stated.

Mackenzie slowly looked over at him. "Really?"

"Uh, you can't get back through Watergate?" Dustin asked.

G.

U.

A.

R.

D.

E.