xxxxvi; artist

•                     •                     •

• • •

after rylie and serenity went out for lunch, she went back to her apartment to take a much needed nap. usually she wouldn't sleep this much but her medicine was draining her. jahseh still hadn't texted her probably because he was busy at work, she was indecisive about texting first, she decided not to and fell asleep. about an hour later her phone rung, the woods-girl immediately woke up.

"hello?" she muttered, rubbing her tired eyes. the line was filled with music and chattering. "wassup ma." jahseh spoke his voice raspy. he sounded kinda drunk but sober enough to not slur his words.

serenity flickered on her lights and put her phone on speaker. "hey baby, you still working?" she asked, hoping off her bed so she could open her door to let her cats in. she picked them both up, her phone still on her bed. "yeah i should be finished in about a hour, just wanted to hear your voice." jahseh answered.

"alright, ima let you go so you can focus, i love you jah." the woods-girl smiled, running her hand through her cats soft fur. jahseh was also smiling from the other side of the phone. "i love you ren." he repeated before she hung up on him. little did she know that phone call would be heard nationally sooner or later. serenity was serious about starting a youtube but first she had to by a camera.

she facetimed rylie but didn't get a response, probably was getting some dick, must be nice. anyway she let the time pass by watching netflix eventually she got hungry so she ordered pizza which was taking forever. "who the fuck is this?" serenity asked out loud, answering the phone call she got from an unknown number. "hello?" a familiar voice spoke.

"oh hey gus, what's up." the woods-girl relaxed, pausing the show playing on her tv. it was about witches and shit, to be honest she wasn't paying attention. "nun, i got your number from your friend, i was wondering if you was still interested in doing the graphic art shit cause i need a album cover." he questioned hoping she would agree.

serenity bit the top of her acrylic that really needed to come off so she could get a new set. she was wondering if she should do it or not, it was for money and she needed her bills paid. "alright, yeah, what you got in mind." serenity agreed, running over to grab the ipad she hadn't used in forever. gus ended up telling her his album was called crybaby, he didn't know exactly what he wanted so he left it to her to figure out.

"i mean i sort of have a idea, but it's gonna take some time to finish, how long till it's release?" she asked, sketching a bird with her pen. this was gonna be her second time drawing digitally so she was gonna have a lot of failed attempts. "take your time shawty, i still gotta finish up a couple songs." gus explained. serenity let out a relieved sigh.

"alright, ima get started when i finish ima let you know." she told, the conversation ended and serenity kept her words, she worked on the project for twenty minutes but her food arrived and her man texted so she took a little break.

IMESSAGES

onfroy💗

i'm home

wyd?

big booty ren👅

i'm eating some pizza

wish u were here

onfroy💗

shii i wish i was too

pizza sound mad good rn

big booty ren👅

it is

how was the studio?

make any progress on save me?

onfroy💗

not really

big booty ren👅

you will

it just takes time

onfroy💗

i know mama

what you did today?

big booty ren👅

went out with rylie

and started working on a art project

onfroy💗

art project for fun or for sun?

big booty ren👅

it's for lilpeep album

onfroy💗

that's what's up

big booty ren👅

you're not mad?

onfroy💗

ima face time u

"hey jahhh." serenity beamed, smiling like a in love idiot. jahseh face was in the camera his dreads in his face with no shirt on. "wassup ma, why your face not in the camera." he asked, twisting at his hair. the woods-girl turned on her led lights to show her face she had no lashes on with a messed up ass ponytail, she really needed her hair done. "i look bad." serenity groaned.

"shut chu ass up y'know you look good." jahseh argued, kissing his teeth. his voice was deeper with a rasp because he was tired from working all day but he still wanted to talk to his girl. "tell me bout your day." he added on, fighting the urge to close his eyes. serenity could see his exhaustion. "you sure you don't wanna go to sleep, you look tired baby." she sighed.

"nah ion need no sleep, sleep need me." the dread-head muttered getting a eye roll in response. serenity began telling him about everything from her and rylie hanging out to her cat scratching up her arms. "tell that lil nigga to chill for i wet his ass." jahseh warned. serenity laughed at his joke, the call went silent and he began to doze off.

"jah you're falling asleep ima just call you tomorrow." the woods-girl informed about to hang up but he told her not to. boys never wanted to fall asleep first for some reason and when they did they would lie about it. "i'm listening i promise." jahseh lied with his eyes closed. serenity went walked to throw her trash away, by the time she was went back in her room his snores came from the floor. she texted him goodnight before hanging up and falling asleep herself

short ass chapter