And just like that day six months ago, his heart broke at the shell of a girl found before him. You leaned against the wall, hands trembling as tears blurred your vision.

Racing to your side, he was quick to pull you into his embrace, growing teary-eyed himself at the weak sobs that left your lips. He didn't know what had caused the dreaded sound, but he wanted to plummet whatever it might be.

"Shh, it's okay, darling," his shaky voice spoke, cradling you against his chest. "It's Freddie, love. I've got you."

Yet, as his arms caged you protectively into your favourite warmth and smell, he was confused to see you shaking your head from beneath him, your tired arms attempting to push him away.

He didn't understand what was wrong. Whenever he had found you in this state, you were always attracted to his touch — craving his comfort even more during times like these. But this time, he found you trying your hardest to stay away from him, no matter how badly you wished to give in.

He carefully removed his arms from your waist, respecting your choice despite his sadness towards it. Instead, he took your hands gingerly into his own.

He watched with glossy eyes as your kissable lips trembled. Tear after tear streamed down rosy cheeks, no longer raised as they typically were when around him. But he couldn't meet your eyes. Just as he had tried to do during breakfast, you kept your gaze fixed on your shoes.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" he whispered, gently tilting your chin towards him. He was quick to tuck a strand of hair away from your face, as it was now wet with tears and clung to the damp skin of your cheek.

"I don't like seeing my girl sad. How can I make you feel better?"

You wanted so badly to accept his hug. But you couldn't. Allowing him to comfort you would only make your sudden news even more difficult to accept. And you knew that your sweet ginger didn't deserve this.

"There's nothing you can do, Freddie." It came out as a whisper, as though you hoped he hadn't heard. But his furrowed brows confirmed that he did, wordlessly urging you to continue.

"My parents, they know about us. And they want me to be with someone else."

Fred's eyes grew watery at the thought of losing you. He knew that your parents were harsh, but he never thought they would do such a thing. How could they? Did they not know that he loved you more than anything else in the world? Did they not know how unhappy you would be without him?

At that moment, he realized that he had to be the one to stand up for you. He had to be the one to protect you, just as he always promised himself that he would. If your parents didn't show you the love that you deserved, he would be more than happy to fill their places.

"What do you want, darling?" he wondered, taking your hand in his as your eyes filled with sympathy.

"Of course I want to be with you, Freddie. I just — they're my family. What am I supposed to do?"

"You can stay with me." There was a sudden spark of hope in his eyes.

"My mum will love you, I know she will," he started, smiling weakly as your cheeks tinged red. "And you can stay with us over the Christmas holidays — or for every holiday for that matter. And you can share a room with me and Georgie! And you won't ever go a day without hearing how much I love you."

His smile continued to widen with every new idea, and you couldn't help but smile along with him. Even during the saddest of times, he found a way to make everything better.

"Is it really a crime to be with the person that you love?" he smirked, wiping a lingering tear with the pad of his thumb.

You sniffled, causing Fred's smile to falter for a moment, "According to my parents it is."

"Forget about your family, forget about the awful git they've chosen for you, and be with me," he spoke tenderly, lacing your fingers together while peering into your eyes. "What do you say, lovely?"

There was a moment of silence as Fred watched the gears turn in your head. He could hear his heartbeat filling the quiet air, and was sure you could hear it too.

"Okay," you smiled, happy tears now welling in your eyes. Fred's worries immediately slipped away.

And with no further ado, his smile was clashing with yours, small giggles erupting between you two as he spun you around in his arms.

And there it was against — that spark he missed so much. Neither one of you was worried for the future, no longer fearing what others would think. Because you knew that as long as you had each other, everything would be okay.

"Thank you for choosing me," you mumbled, feeling as though a weight was lifted from your shoulders as you melted into his embrace.

"I always will," he assured, pressing a kiss to your forehead. "I'm incomplete without you, love."