With that, Shinobu excused herself, preparing to leave the room. "Bye-bye, (Y/N)."

"Goodbye... S-Shinobu!" You waved at her with excitement and energy.

As she smiled and left the room, you couldn't contain your excitement.

"YAY! Shinobu came to see me! And my communication skills are getting better! Let's gooooooo!!" You cheered to yourself, feeling a surge of confidence.

"Chu chu!" Chuntarou chimed in, sharing in your joy.

Meanwhile, Koucho, on the other hand, pondered her own behavior.

'I can't believe I got so flustered over that... What's wrong with me?' Shinobu clutched at her chest, trying to calm her racing heart. '...Whatever... it's probably just temporary...'

——————————————————————

"I'm bored, I'm bored... I miss having my phone/ipad/computer..." You thought at loud. "I think that by this time, the part two of chainsaw man is already publishing chapters! Dammit, I miss watching anime and reading mangas..."

...

"Oh jeez, when are they coming back?!" You were frustrated since being bored was consuming you.

"Chu chu chu! Chuchu!"

"At least I got you Chuntarou!"

"Chu chu chuchu!"

"Eh? Your name not Chuntarou?!" This was some shocking news.

"Chu chu chu chuchu! Chu chu chuchuchu!" Explained the sparrow.

"Ohhh! What's your name then?"

"Chuchu! Chuchu!"

"Ukogi?! That's sooo adorable! You have no rights to be so cute, Ukogi! Hahaha!" You hugged the sparrow, and Ukogi hugged your face.

Then, the door swung open, revealing two lifeless figures—Tanjiro and Inosuke—alongside a cheerful Zenitsu.

"Welcome back!" You exclaimed, your words met with silence.

'Well, that answers my question. Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare!' You thought, feeling a wave of apprehension wash over you.

"Hello, (Y/N)!! I missed you!" Zenitsu greeted you enthusiastically. While the other two simply went to sleep, seemingly unresponsive. He hopped onto your bed and embraced your waist tightly, seeking comfort in your presence.

"Holy shit, I'm not going to even lie. I had a great time but I'm exhausted."

"Was it... difficult?"

"Kinda. I just wished you where there though. It felt boring without you..." He pressed his face on your stomach, as if he was trying to hide it.

"Boring?"

"Yeah... I already got use to being with you AND IT DOESN'T FEEL OKAY WHEN YOU'RE NOT AROUND! It's like you're sorta of... of a comfort doll. Well, not doll but I don't know how to explain it. It didn't felt the same when you where not there..."

At this point, he was rambling and your understanding of Japanese was limited, so you simply stopped paying attention and began gently brushing his hair with your fingers.

"You know... you're really comforting... I think that's what I wanted to say... you have such a unique sound. Well, most of the time, you sound nervous or anxious, but there are moments like this when you sound so... peaceful... and I really, really like it. Anyway, I just think you have a nice voice, and I adore that. I feel like if I'm crying, I can just come to your side and I'll calm down—not only because of your soothing sound, but also because I'm with you... I just like your presence in general. Sometimes I even wonder if I can be by your side... Can I? I don't think I deserve to be with someone like you. That's why I want to get better. You deserve someone better. But I won't give up... So, just you wait! I'll make sure to become someone worthy of being by your side forever!" He smiled, his cheeks turning red.