Chapter twelve

Caron's Point Of View

The sound of her grumping stomach make me chuckle. She was there standing in shame and blushing. Her cute face radiating with heat. At least it was something joyful that she was here, besides Jacob getting stabbed.

As I entered the kitchen my anger surfaced again. Not being there when he needed me. Not being there to protect him. I almost destroyed Jacob's room raged with madness when he's lying sleeping unconsciously.

Thanks to Mickey and Jonathan, the wound didn't got worse, and Clara's healing powers helped construct damaged tissue, plus he's healing powers activated instantly since the attack.

But it didn't stop me from raging almost completely in the room. Kudo had to restrain me, bumping me on the floor loudly and Thomas calming my mind. At the merely twenty minutes Jacob awoke, saying he was ok.

Me on the other hand began questioning why he was attacked and by who. The only thing he answered was a guy hanging from the hand of a girl in the air, as he neared the house.

Thomas said that tomorrow we would talk about the mission with the professor, saying it was slightly confidential, that other members at the school they didn't need to know. But what ever the case I get the feeling it won't be pretty.

As I neared the back of the counter to open the fridge I hear the door of the kitchen being opened. She peaked her head inside watching discretely, at every side. I glanced at her face with amusement until she faced me, her expression blushing from embarrassment.

I just laughed and motion her to come inside. She lowered her head and walked like a scorned child inside. That just made me laugh even harder.

"Just don't laugh" she said looking at me serious. I just smirked.

"I won't I promise, we'll if you keep acting like a little kid I won't stop" I said leaning on the counter as she took a seat at the far end of the table.

"You know you can seat here, close to me" I taunted, she just scoffed.

"Maybe I don't wanna be near you" she jerked her head to her right, like she was mad. But I saw the glint in humor in her eyes and the slight smile in her lips.

That moment right there made me want to grab her by the waist and kiss her ferociously. She was a lovely sight indeed.

At that time she sat up and walked to the counter seating, front of me.

"Better?" I raised an eyebrow, as she huffed in the counter stool.

"I'll admit it, I'm feeling better" she said wandering her eyes off me. I just chuckled and leaned to her a little bit until my face were inches away from hers.

She looked up and gasped from shocked. She looked straight at my clear green eyes in a daze, while I stated to her golden grey depths.

"Why are you so interested in the way you look in my eyes?" she asked a little shy, while still facing directly without distancing herself from me.

"Your eyes are so special and beautiful, I've never seen anything like it. Anything as beautiful as you" I said so confident while she just blushed under the stare bricking eye contact.

"You're one too talk, you have amazing eyes yourself" she said under her breath. I just smiled and leaned back to look into the fridge.

"So what's your appetite?" I asked as I took some vegetables out and a marinated chicken, that we had, since yesterday. It was my special marinate, with Latin spices and stuff.

"Actually, I don't have nothing in special" she said shrugging her shoulders.

"Well I'm gonna make you, the best dish you have ever tasted" I said cockily, as I wiggled my eyebrows. She started to laugh, that sweet voice if her echoing in the room.