"Sorry sir.." The boy said quietly and his smile dropped.

"And we are indeed doing the spelling contest. We will have Dianna and Moody first."

Dianna and Moody rose and headed to the front of the classroom awaiting their word.

"Spell...Accordingly, Dianna."

"A c c o r d I n g l y "

"Correct well done. Moody spell..Supposedly."

"S u p p o s e d l e y"

"Wrong. Go sit down. Gilbert come take his place.

Gilbert nodded his head and all the boys cheered like the immature boys they are but Gilbert couldn't help but grin.

"Dianna spell.. Available."

"A v a i l a b l e"

"Well done Dianna." Sir said as the girls clapped with big smiles.

"Gilbert spell.. Atomically."

"A t o m i c a l..l y"

"Yes good job. Dianna spell neighbourly."

"Ehmm... N e i b o u r l y?"

"No sit down. Let's havvvee.. Florence. I'd like to see what you know."

Florence flashed a weak smile at Anne and Dianna before getting up and going to face Gilbert. Gilbert smiled warmly at her and she returned a small smile, ever so nervous.

"Florence can you spell.. Atlantic."

"A t l a n i c." She said easily.

"Okay..Gilbert spell ordinarily."

"O r d i n a r i l y."

"Correct. Florence spell.. intricacies."

Florence hummed in response, thinking for a second and then looking back up at Gilbert. He sent her a smile and nodded.

"I n t r..i..c a..c i e s."

"Yes well done! Gilbert please spell Lively"

He nodded and look at Florence, almost loosing his train of thought as he looked into her eyes now softening his face.

"L i v e l e y" he said with his head held high while Florence shook her head with a smile causing his face to drop and looking at sir.

"Wrong. Florence can you correct him?"

"L i v e l y. Simple mistake." Florence said still smiling.

The bell rang and Gilbert just looked perplexed as he watched Florence walk away with Anne and Dianna.

~

Florence made her way to willow and placed her books and slate in her saddle bag.

"Florence!" Anne called, running over.

"Hello Anne!"

"Could we go riding together?"

"Well I certainly don't see why not!"

"Well I will have to go home and get my horse first."

"Yes of course. Would you like a ride?" Florence asked as she mounted willow.

Anne's eyes brightened and her face lit up as she nodded with a big smile.
Florence patted the saddle behind her and Anne mounted behind her, holding onto a small part of the reigns. They set off into the feilds on Avonlea as Anne guided her and gave her directions to green gables.

"Your horse is just perfectly gorgeous!" Anne said, arms in the air and smiling as her hair blew behind her.

"She goes at such speeds so smoothly. She's my willow after all." Florence said happily as she patted willow gently.

"This is me!" Anne called as we approached a gate.

A boy about our age ran over and quickly opened the gate for us to enter.

"Thank you Jerry." Anne said dismissively.

Anne jumped off of willow and quickly ran towards the barn.

"Hello, I'm Jerry!" The boy said with a smile looking up at Florence.

"Hello Jerry, I'm Florence."

"What a beautiful name!"

"Well thank you Jerry, are you french?"

"Wow well assumed madam."

"Merci Jerry, tu es très gentil!" Florence spoke sweetly.

Jerry looked up and smiled in shock at her knowing of french.

Anne ride over in her beautiful dark horse and dismissed Jerry after they had exited green gables.

"au revoir jerry! jusqu'à la prochaine fois!!" Florence called to him as Jerry waved from the fence.

"He's just our farm boy you know. You don't have to be so nice." Anne said as they rode towards the forest.

"No but he really is a sweet little french boy!"

The girls giggled and carried on towards the towards the towering emerald pine trees. Florence sucked in a deep breath in through her nose and letting it fall out of her mouth.

"I just love the smell of the forest, don't you?" Florence said looking up into the trees.

"I love it so much!" Anne said with an excited smile.

The girls trotted further into the forest, briefly dismounting to look at some flowers. They knelt down on the forest floor and intertwined the stalks of the flowers forming a flower crown. They excitedly placed them on their heads and continued to ride out of the forest. The reached an edge and stared out into the seas of Avonlea.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼
A/N

hello lovelies, I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I have so many more ideas. <3
~Favourite song for this chapter~

Strawberry blonde - Mitski

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼