Before It All Ends | Oscar X Andre

Oscar was crying so much she could barely breathe anymore. And yet she was still rather calm. Andre was laying on his back right next to her, smiling softly at her as she held his hand in both of her own. Oscar wanted to look him in the eyes, to pay attention to nothing but the love and affection that she could see in them. But her own eyes went down to his heart every time, and she remembered that he had been shot in his most important organ. And she continued crying.

"Why are you crying, Oscar?" Andre asked, a little too quietly. He sounded like he wasn't hurt at all. "Everything's going to be fine."

Oh, how she wanted to believe him. But she had little to no hope, and his words did not have any effect on her. She just wanted to shake her head, call him an idiot and tell him that it was over. But she did none of that. "I just hate to see you hurt, Andre," she sobbed.

"Shh, it won't last long," he smiled. "I will be healed, and everything will be okay. Please, Oscar, stop crying like that."

Sick of seeing his wound every time she tried to look at his face, Oscar decided to close her eyes. All that did was help her tears fall more easily. She squeezed his hand even tighter. "I don't want you to go, Andre. Ever."

"Don't be stupid, Oscar," Andre laughed softly. That laugh sounded bitter now, even though it had always brought a smile to Oscar's face their whole lives. "I told you I wouldn't let you down. When I'm back on my feet, we will win this war together, and then we will be able to live peacefully, together. I won't leave you, unless you want me to."

Andre was the stupid one here, and it hurt Oscar to think about it. He was dying, was clearly not going to make it, and yet he had more hope than her, who was still physically fine. "I can't wait for all of this to be over, then," she said, smiling even though she was at her lowest. "I can't wait to live with you." She held his hand against her but still didn't dare look at him. "You could become my husband..."

"I will. We'll get married as soon as we can... If that's what you want..."

"You always make plans way too soon," Oscar sighed. Although it was a sigh, it almost sounded like a laugh to Andre's ears.

And it was the last thing he ever heard. He didn't even have the time to answer it. His body completely stopped moving. Alarmed by the fact that he didn't talk anymore, Oscar opened her eyes and looked down at him. His eyes were still open, but they were empty. She couldn't hear him breathe anymore, nor could she see his chest rising and falling.

Her heart breaking made no sound, her jerky breath and her cries took care of it now.

"MY ANDREEEEEE!" she screamed, raising her head to the skies as if she was asking the gods why they had punished her in such a cruel way.

~°~°~°

Oscar woke up so abruptly she screamed as she sat up in her bed. Out of breath, she looked at herself and at everything that was around her. She was in her room, in the house she had grown up in. She and Andre had decided to stay there for some time, and they would soon have to go. And never in her life had she hated this place so much. These days, she was tired of finding herself here after having all those nightmares.

A layer of sweat covered her body, and she had shed some actual tears while losing Andre in her dream. She was tired of waking up every night after nightmares like this one. She wondered what she should do to make it stop. But as much as she hated them, there was still one thing that those bad dreams had given her : the chance to know what were her real feelings for the brown-haired man that she saw every night in her sleep.

Oscar had had doubts about her feelings for some time. Ever since she had found herself calling her friend her Andre. She had said that despite herself, and at first it had been difficult to figure out why she cared so much more about him than before that. But now she was sure of it. After losing him so many nights, she had understood.