Chapter fourty-six

Start from the beginning

"Oh, okay.." James frowned. "We'll finish this up okay? You go and rest." He kissed her forehead. "I love you do you want me to make you something?"

"No I think I'm just gonna sleep"

"Alright"

~~

Cassia laid in bed with her shirt lifted up. "Hi Angel, how are you? Hm? You excited to come out in two months? Cause I sure as hell am. I'm so excited to welcome you baby" she rubbed her belly. "I love you so much and I promise I'll protect you no matter what happens. You are the best that could've ever happened to me"

Peggy walks in with Jasper in her arms. "How's the momma feeling?" She sat down on the edge of the bed, her Dior scented perfume spreading in the master bedroom. "She kicking yet?"

"Nothing yet so far" cassia shrugged. "How's little Jasper doing?"

"He's turning a year old in five months, I'm so sad that he's growing up!" Peggy frowned. She looked at Jasper and his messy blonde curly hair who was just smiling while sucking on his thumb. "Look at him!"

"He looks just like Steve!" Cassia says up and wrapped her hand around his small one. "Hi Jaspy baby" she kissed his cheek. "Hi!" 

Jasper smiled as he turned his head towards Peggy. "I think he's hungry" she made him sit down. She grabbed her purse and grabbed the baby bottle filled with breast milk.

Cassia stood up. "I'll go check on the guys" she mumbled before walking towards the door.  As she was walking she got a sharp pain in her lower abdomen. "James!" She shouted, pressing her hand on her bump as her other hand leaned against the wall. "James!" She shouted again.

Sam walked over to her and helped her. "What's wrong?" He asked with concern.

"Nothing.." she walked slowly towards her baby's room. "Oh wow.." she leaned against Sam as she looked around the light pink coloured room with the white crib in the right corner with the pink recliner right beside the crib and on the far left was the white dresser that also had a diaper changing station on top.  There was a silver bin full of newborn baby toys, the white night table was beside the recliner. "This looks amazing guys! Thank you!" She kissed Sam's cheek and then slowly walked over to Steve, also kissing him on the cheek. "James" she smirked at him. She pressed her lips against his. "Thank you."

Suddenly another sharp cramp like pain causes her to bend. "Shit!" She grips onto James' shoulder. "James.." she looked up at with him with worrisome.

James sees the panic in her eyes and immediately helps her sit down on the recliner. Peggy walks in. "I left Jasper in the room since he was asleep." She chuckled before she saw the worried expressions on everyone's face. "What's wrong?" She walked further into the room and saw Cassia struggling to breathe.

"I'm having cramps..I don't know what's wrong.." she took a deep breath.

"Do you think that your baby could be a premie?"

"A what?" James asked.

"A premature baby."

"What the hell is that?" Cassia asked, the pain getting worse.

Sam ran downstairs and grabbed her a water bottle, and then ran back upstairs and handed it to her. "Here"

Cassia took a drink. "Not helping..nothing is helping!" She shouted.

"A premature baby is when the baby comes out earlier then it should. Luckily you're seven months right?"

"Almost eight.." she grunts in pain.

"Shouldn't be that big of a deal right?" Peggy looks at Steve who shrugged back at her. "Let's go to the hospital! Where is your baby bag?"

"Huh?" Cassia looks at her in confusion.

"A bag full of diapers, underwear, pads, baby clothes, bottles, baby socks or shoes, some snacks for you! Do you not have a bag full of that ready for when you go into labour?" Peggy raised her brows.

Cassia and James stared at her dumbfounded. Cassia shuts her eyes and whines. "I can't do this!"

"Okay you guys go to the hospital and I'll get everything ready alright? Just text me what's going on!" Peggy walked towards the dressers and saw many new born girl clothes. "Alright go!" She shouted at the couple.

James picked up Cassia bridal style and ran down the stairs. "She'll be okay"

Cassia nodded her head. "I'm scared.." she started crying. "She's not ready to come out yet, James." She sobbed. She clinged onto James as he walked towards his car.

"Fuck, I need to go get the car seat" James rolled his eyes. "Be here okay? Scream if you get sharp pains" he kisses her cheek before walking off to go get the car seat.

Cassia's chest rises continuously as her breathing hitches from the pain. She rubs her belly and mutters some things to her baby, her eyes shut. "It's okay, Angel, you can do this, you're a strong little girl okay? Don't do anything stupid please! I love you Eden please, please don't do that to me." She sniffled.

James ran with the car seat and threw it in the car before sitting in the drivers seat. "Alright we're leaving." He patted her thigh.

Cassia looked at him and started crying. "James the pain is getting worse!" She sobbed loudly.

~~

"The baby is okay." The doctor smiled at Cassia. "She was just moving in there"

"Seriously?" Cassia asked, surprised. "That's all it was? I'm not giving birth?"

The doctor chuckle and shook her head. "No, Cassia, the baby was shifting in her spot. so now her head is where it's supposed to be and her legs are where they're supposed to be. You'll give birth soon but not so soon."

"The pain was very hard to handle for me, is it gonna get worse?"

"I can't say."

"Are there any pills for it?" Cassia asked. She laid in the hospital bed calm. "I was about to faint."

The doctor shook her head. "No, we don't recommend anything for it. We try to make sure that women during pregnancies stay away from any sorts of medication as it could possibly be harmful for the child." She typed down her abnormal pain in the monitor as a note. "Don't worry. I'll keep you here for the next two days alright?"

"Okay.." cassia nodded her head. "Thankfully she's not coming out today."

"Yeah, exactly!" The doctor laughed at Cassia's worry. She looked at Cassia and stood up with her clipboard in her hand. "Don't worry, you're okay and so is she." She looks down at Cassia's belly.

Cassia let out a breath she didn't even know she held. "Thank god."

James looked at Cassia and then leaned down to kiss her. "That was scary." He whispered against her lips. "I'm so happy she's okay." He smiled against her lips. "I can't wait til Billy comes back from Los Angeles and meets Eden."

"Me too. He'll be so excited!"

"I know right!"

~~

Cassia ate her sandwich and then looked across from her where James was sitting on the chair just staring at her with admiration. "What?" She grinned, her mouth full of food.

James licked his lips and shook his head as he tilted his head to the side. "Nothing, I can't admire my beautiful wife?" He asked.

"I dunno" she teased. "Can you?"

"Yes. I love you."

"I love you more baby."