"Yes, sir!"

Palace rooftop…

"Yes." Shikamaru said with satisfaction in his voice.

"You… You killed your own men…" Temari said in slight horror. "How could you do this?!"

"This is a war!" Nara stated. "And our enemy is one of the strongest men there is! We have to do everything it takes to defeat him! Even if it means selling your soul to the devil!"

Temari's eyes narrowed. 'I'm sure you will get your devil very soon…'

Suddenly…

BOOOOOM!

Enormous explosion echoed around the area. Of course, it's a battlefield, so it shouldn't be surprising…

It was however. Why? Because it didn't happen on the battlefield, it happened behind Shikamaru's position.

"What the hell?!" The enraged leader screamed. "Status report!"

"Shikamaru-sama!" Voice in the radio called. "Our provision and ammunition storages have been destroyed!"

"Fuck!" Shikamaru snapped. "How could this happen?!"

"We don't know, sir! Our security shows no breaches!"

Shikamaru thought for a moment. 'No, Neji took it as a counter measure. Which means, he was not going to use it in the first place… And that means he had this done before this battle even began! No one could sneak into this camp by then! That can only mean one thing…' He raised his head and glared at Neji's camp far away. "Sabotage…"

"What?"

"Sabotage! We were betrayed by someone!" Shikamaru screamed.

"Sir!" Voice in the radio spoke again. "Another bad news. Looks like our field hospital was destroyed as well…"

"Shit!" Shikamaru hit the table with his fist. "Shit, shit! This is pointless now! We have no medics left, our supplies are gone, and our command post is in disarray… This is hopeless…"

"Are you going to surrender?" Temari asked.

Shikamaru's glare intensified.

Flashback…

Asuma gritted his teeth. "I will do anything for her… even this… to see a smile on her face…" He took a battle stance.

Naruto snorted. "Oh, how romantic!" Then sighed. "You know, Asuma… I'm gonna miss you…"

Asuma's grip on his knives tightened. "I haven't lost yet!" He yelled as he lunged at our favorite demon.

"No, Asuma don't!" Shikamaru pleaded.

"You're wrong, you did…" Naruto said, and extended his arm… with already appearing Yamato in it, towards running jounin.

Asuma only had the time to widen his eyes, before the demon blade pierced his chest.

"Guh!"

Naruto sheathed his sword with a click, and a fountain of blood erupted from jounin's chest… making him fall to the ground afterwards.

"ASUMA!" Shikamaru screamed, running towards his fallen sensei. "No, Asuma, don't die!" He pleaded.

End flashback…

"Not fucking likely!" Nara snapped. "I will do what Asuma would've done!" He said and jumped off the roof…

Neji's camp…

"Oh? Check this out. Nara is on the battlefield!" Neji spoke.

"Really?" Mei asked hopefully. "Then what are we waiting for?! Let's waste him and end this damn battle already!"