It's all about faith and bets

Start from the beginning

"Good afternoon Gai-san, Asuma-san, Kurenai-san. Would you mind me joining your group?" The blond boy said looking at their confused faces. Strangely, the first to recognize him was Gai.

"Oooh! It's Naruto-kun! Your flames of youth burn as brightly as ever!"

The jinchuriki raised an eyebrow. 'Nope, this guy will never change."

"N-Naruto? Is that you?" That was already from Kurenai. 'Wow… Now I understand what Hinata saw in him.'

Seeing her face, Naruto had a thought of his own. 'Wonderful! The exact reaction I was hoping for. Now to get rid of those two…' The blond boy noticed Asuma's face that promised something bad. '…Hmm, could be difficult… Great! I like challenges.'

Finally Asuma decided to make himself noticeable. "Good day Naruto-kun." Still Kurenai was near, and politeness was in order. "When have you returned?"

"Just today Asuma-san, and I still haven't got an answer for my question." It took few seconds for Asuma to remember the question.

"Oh, sure you can join us." Asuma said smiling. Naruto looked for possibilities.

The place near Kurenai was empty, but after thinking a little, he decided to sit next to Asuma.

"I thank you for the invitation." He said and sat down.

'Since when has he become so polite?' Asuma thought.

"Yosh! Naruto-kun, it's good that you joined our youthful meal this beautiful day!" Gai almost screamed.

'Haha! I like this guy.' Naruto smiled, but his thoughts were interrupted by Kazuto.

"Can I have your order sir?" He asked. The blonde boy turned his head.

"Sure, I'll have…"

After making his order, Naruto decided it was time to start cooking. "Before I can have my meal, I must take something off my shoulders." He turned his head toward the red eyed woman. "Kurenai-san, will you please forgive me?" The jinchuriki said slightly bowing.

The female jounin was deeply confused. "Naruto, why are you apologizing?" She asked. What could he do to apologize for? Especially to her?

'Now's the chance!' Naruto looked at the woman deadly serious. "I want to apologize for not noticing before, that you are an embodiment of perfection." 'Damn I'm good!'

His last phrase had three different reactions. First was Asuma. He actually said nothing, but inside he was fuming. 'Little bastard! What the hell is he doing!?'

Next was Gai. He, however, made it vocal. "Yosh! Naruto-kun's flames of youth burn even brighter than before!" He screamed in a sitting nice guy pose. 'What you're attempting is not so youthful though.' But he decided not to announce that.

And Kurenai… she just blushed. 'What the HELL?! I'm the fucking Ice Queen of Konoha! And this… this… boy, made me blush with just few words! Stop blushing dammit!' The red eyed woman with all her power of will tried to suppress her blush, and did it… after two minutes.

"Itadakimasu!" Naruto's order finally arrived. 'Now to wait for something to happen.' He thought, enjoying his five hour late breakfast.

Nine minutes later something did happen. "Where is my eternal rival? He is too late, even for his habits. Maybe something happened?" Naruto knew exactly who Gai was talking about… and also his fate.

"Um, Gai-san. If you're waiting for Kakashi, then I have bad news for you." Gai looked concerned.

"What happened?" He struggled to not stand up.