1

My parents have always cared about me. They have always been there for me. Martin and Elizabeth have been my only ones for my entire life.
I have been inside my house and I have never met anyone else except them and the rest of the family. I had a private teacher and a private coach for my swimming lessons and, if it was not for my cousins, I would not even know how a teenager would look like. Swimming was my biggest passion and goal, I sacrificed my best years for it, but now everything disappeared.
I did not have a house or a family, all I knew was that I caught a plain to London. Of course not because I wanted.

I have lived 19 years in the States and I have always pictured the rest of my life there. I have never travelled and I don't know what to except from London and why London.
My life was an entire mess and everything happened in two days: the first I found out my parents' decision and the second I ended preparing my staff and took a plain.

"Hi, I am Victoria Smith." I smiled, putting my luggages closer to don't bother people who had to walk by.
"Hi, lady. What do you need?" the woman between 50 and 60 took off her glasses and watched me better.
"I have seen outside the building that you help people."
"American?"
"Yes, is it a problem?"
"How old are you miss?"
"19..."
"You are too old for us. We host girls from 0 to 17. This is an orphanage not a free hotel." she started being tired of my desperate behavior.
"Please, I have nothing and nowhere to stay. I just landed and my family just kicked me out from my own house."
"I'm sorry miss."

I kept visiting orphanage by orphanage and I found nothing until a young lady of 30 years old more or less accepted me as a helper. I was so grateful because I was paid and I even had a place to stay with a roof.