Episode 11: Younger Brother in this World II

Start from the beginning

After saying that to distract the attention, the prince nodded in approval.

"Since it's fun to tease Bell."

"...tease, you mean..."

Giving him a dangerous gaze, the prince smiled again. It was not the teasing smile like always but, a gentle smile full of affection.

"Bell, I too am grateful to you."

The prince gently wrapped my hand (with his).

Looking surprised at the prince, he narrowed his blue eyes.

"Thank you for giving me happiness. Even now, I am thankful (to you) for facing me head on that day."

The corner of my eyes couldn't help but heat up.

Is that something that should be said today? Is he trying to make me cry?

It means, that day, I wasn't wrong for trying to fill the prince's loneliness. It is me who got saved.

Me, an anomaly who knows about my previous life. An irregular existence who knows the future. I know the things the real Berthia doesn't. I learned a lot of things about being a noble and being engaged to a royal. You too, thank you for accepting such an odd existence.

I was crying none stop before I noticed it.

"Ahh, come on. Your eyes will swell if you cry."

The prince wiped my tears with the sleeve of his luxurious clothes while smiling and looking troubled. Though he always teases people, the prince is gentle at times like these.

I want the prince should be happy, after all. 

***

After I sent off the prince, I cooled my swollen eyes using cold water.

"Bell's new younger brother will arrive now... Are you ready?"

"A little more. Please wait a little more."

I'm waiting for my brother to come to the front door with my father, but the swelling doesn't go away. With this, I will leave a wrong impression on my new little brother. This is because the prince says things like that......

I almost cried again when I remembered, so I hurriedly changed my thoughts.

"Father, can you please tell me my little brother's name?"

"Name? Other than asking me, isn't it better for you to ask him directly?"

"That's true, your right."

While the two of us talk, the entrance door opened and a servant entered. I swiftly hid the ice pack that was on my eye behind my back.

He bowed politely and continued his words.

"Master (head of the family), Lady Berthia, the people from Tilefia Family has arrived."

"Let them in."

"As you wish."

The maid politely bowed again and disappeared behind the door. I gave the ice pack to the maid near me and fixed my dress.

Finally, he's coming. My younger brother.

"Here he comes."

As if Father's words were the signal, the servants opened the big door and three people entered. A chubby woman, a rather handsome man, and a boy slightly shorter than me. The child was behind the woman and his silver-gray hair was slightly peeking.