P4: No strangers here

The next day you were sat in the greenhouse with a slightly dejected Terra. Seeing her without her usual bright smile and cheerful energy threw you off. When she had explained that the cause of this despondence was another specialist friend of hers cancelling last minute, you weren't sure how to feel. The jealousy that another specialist made her feel so strongly mixed, with anger at this friend of hers for ever making her feel this way, however above all of that, you longed to bring her spirits back up.

It wasn't long before Terra was distracted by her passion for using her powers and plant-life expertise; telling you stories about her childhood in Alfea and fun little facts about zanbaq oil or should you say unguent. You loved hearing her excitement over seemingly small things and the glow she had when she was in her element. You also really appreciated having a conversation that didn't remind you that everyone thought you were a murderous, emotionless recluse. Although, her hesitation to open up to you and to work with you in close proximity, saddened you.

Luckily you and Terra finished the last of the Zanbaq oil just in time for the others to meet you at the barrier. On the way, you swapped out your usual lighter armour for a stronger metal plated one and made sure your sword was easily accessible. You knew you didn't need to wear light leather armour most days out of training but it was hard for you to switch that side of you off. With your uncle, training time was all the time and you had grown to find the weight of the covering comforting.

You were the first through the barrier as you lead the way between Stella and Terra. Your protective instincts were strong and you were determined to prove to yourself that you would no longer let your past effect your abilities during a conflict.
Once you had reached the barn you stopped to survey the surroundings and your teeth clenched with trepidation. Feeling Terra's presence start to move away from your tense stance directed your attention to her and Musa. As much as you wanted to go with Stella, you knew she could handle herself and something told you that with Musa's abilities her insight should not be ignored. So, you followed slightly behind the two before Musa doubled over in pain causing you to stride up next to them, prepared to defend them.
That's when you saw the bodies. About a dozen of them, spread out like rag dolls all bloodied and mutilated. Seeing specialists like yourself so defenceless, now all the fight had left their bodies made your breathe get caught in your throat and you saw the fairies on either side of you glance from the bodies to your shocked face with concern.
Amongst all the inert lifelessness, a pained movement caught your attention. You all rushed over to the survivor, identifying them as Silva. Guilt struck you for a second as you remembered the conversation you had with him this morning, in which he invited you to join him and the Solarian guards to escort the burned one, thinking that your training could be useful. Thoughts of how you could have ended up like them or worse, that you could have helped them and saved a few but instead you declined, ate at you.
Before you knew it Terra's calm and focused voice brought you back to where she was trying to pour Zanbaq into his mouth to slow the infection. You also noticed Aisha and Stella had gone to find Bloom. You looked at Silva's black eyes; hardened you face to a mask of newfound boldness and hauled your sword off your back. You were going to find the burned one and kill it, not to make your uncle proud but to avenge your fellow specialists and to help your new mentor.
Terra hearing the steel of your sword being unsheathed looked up to find you getting into an offensive stance. "Go, Musa and I will look after Silva." Putting aside your solicitous thoughts about their safety, you sprinted away towards the loud snarls of the burned one.
As you got to Bloom and Aisha you saw the latter impale the creature on a sharp branch using their powers. All three of you creeped towards the singed body, in disbelief that it was dead. When it suddenly jerked with its remaining energy and rabidly swung it's claws at the three of you; Bloom and Aisha jumped back. To finish the job, you brought your sword down onto its neck with the morbid grace of an executioner. Sticky black blood splattered across the dulled metal of your chest plates and a smoky char smell exuded from the open neck. However your pride at killing the beast was undisturbed. You could almost feel the weight of your guilt for your parents' death, that plagued you, begin to lift a little, allowing your to breathe.
Stunned silence fell on the two fairies behind you before Aisha breathlessly said "let's just get Stella's ring". You were searching the body for any sign of the ring when Bloom saw the tell-tale gold peeking out of the black mass of torched flesh. "So you're gonna..." Bloom and Aisha's quarrel made you smirk at their reluctance to get their hands dirty. Taking things into your own hands, literally, you dug two fingers into the creature's slimy flesh and curled them around the ring; pull it out of the pungent sludge oozing from it's body. Once the ring was successfully freed you turned to find Aisha's stunned face and a slightly paled Bloom starting disgustedly at the corpse behind you. With a small uneven grin at their antics, you turn to return the ring to Stella. Your smile dropped when you realised she was missing. "Where's Stella?" You asked gravely. "She went to get help; her magic wasn't working." Aisha replied with a roll of her eyes. Her response did little to ease your concern as you raced off back to the college to find her.

You were waiting in Stella's room for her to return after checking on Silva. It wasn't long until she suddenly ripped the door open. Her frantic expression died down a bit as she saw you awkwardly standing in the centre of her room. You hadn't had a chance to take your armour off yet, wanting to give her the ring before you let your guard down, so you were carefully avoiding her white walls and luxurious furniture incase you got black goop on anything. Under her frantic expression was one of fatigue and stress so when she said "Bloom told me you have my ring?" under her breathe, you held out the cleaned ring with a warm smile reserved for moments like these. At the sight of it she almost crumpled with relief so you bent down a bit to her height and said "For you, Princess." Offering it to her as though you were a knight vowing to to protect the heir.
However the moment of amity between you was broken when Sky knocked on the door. You were reminded that you were merely friends and Sky was the prince charming Stella really wanted. Not that it bothered you, now that a certain earth fairy made you realise you wanted something completely different.