"do you—uh..."

   "c-can i—"

   they spoke at the same time, letting out another laugh. "you first," y/n suggested.

   ariana sighed, opening her arms as a response. y/n got the memo, a big smile spreading across her lips as she leaped forward, resuming her place in ariana's arms. she rested her head on her shoulder so she could still see her. ariana stared down at her, their eyes locked as they bit back smiles.

   "hi," y/n whispered, her cheeks feeling hot. the familiar rush of being with ariana was all coming back to her. she felt like that goddamn celine dion song, and she loved it.

   ariana giggled, and y/n gushed as her dimples showed more than ever. "hi." she whispered back. she stared into y/n's eyes, the butterflies swarming in her chest as she recognized the look in her eye. one she hadn't seen in years; love.

   "you have pretty eyes," ariana complimented, gently brushing her thumb under y/n's eye. the girl scrunched up her nose. "even with all these godforsaken eye bags?"

   "mhm," ariana nodded. "even with your godforsaken eye bags, you are the most breathtaking person i've ever seen in my whole life." she leaned down, pressing her lips to y/n's forehead. it was hot, but ariana knew it was because she was blushing and not because she had a fever.

y/n groaned, hiding her nose in ariana's neck. "jesus, when did you become such a flirt? that used to be me, now look at us." ariana shrugged, giggling a little as y/n looked back up with a blush.

"well, i've had four years to think about everything i've always wanted to say to you. if we continue talking, you won't ever hear the end of it."

y/n smiled, her brows stitching together a little. "i guess that's not too bad, huh? getting compliments from you all day long; it's anyones heaven." ariana broke out a cheesy smile, dragging a nail down y/n's cheek.

"i really did miss you, y/n. i really hope you know that. i've missed you more than life itself." ariana spoke truthfully. y/n smiled impossibly bigger, letting her head fall to ariana's chest again. the two laid there in silence for another half hour, basking in the moment.

they hadn't been like this in years. this was something the both longed and dreamed for when they laid in bed alone, and now, finally, they had it. ariana had filled the void in her heart and y/n had quieted the insecurities about their relationship that always nagged at her. they were both happy.

——

"do you wanna go grocery shopping with me?" y/n asked as they sat together at y/n's kitchen island, both with a bowl of cereal in front of them. y/n picked up her coffee, taking a large sip. "please?"

ariana smiled, shoveling a bite into her mouth. "sure i do. you got some clothes for me to wear? that tight ass dress will not suffice for the grocery store." she laughed, y/n joining in.

"yeah. you can wear my shirt and a pair of sweats alexa brought here like six whole years ago. i hid them and never told her where they were." y/n shrugged, giggling to herself about her stupid prank.

ariana rolled her eyes at her ex's childish actions. "you're such a teenager, y/n/n. grow up, oldie." she teased, narrowing her eyes at the woman across from her.

y/n frowned, finishing up her cereal. "i am not a teenager, nor am i old. i am right in the middle, 29. you need to learn to respect your elders, miss. grande."

"you are older than me by a year and one month. no need to constantly brag about it, asshole. plus, i'm the more mature one. at least i don't cry when i stub my toe like a baby."