the rage in his eyes. Fearing what he would do next she gently stroked his fingers: „Sweetie..." Turning away from her he started to walk back to his home: „River I have to go. I will visit soon."

That's it. No one shall dare what (y/n) has done. „(Y/N)!", the Doctor stormed into the TARDIS. „Y...yes?" The girl hoped that he wasn't too sad about his loss: „How did it go? If you want I can-"

SHUT UP!", he now was standing right in front of her. His body covered her and his storming eyes fixed on her face. „How dare you! Do you think this is funny? Do you think that I can't see behind your lies!?!"

„What are you talking about?" „What I am talking about? You tried to ruin the relationship River and I have! You tried to break us up."

Pointing a finger at your face he continued: „YOU... you tried to kill the last bit of me that isn't completely and utterly unrepairable!" What? Wait WHAT? „But Doctor! She said she didn't lo-"

JUST SHUT UP... I can't hear any more of you lies. I will take you home." (y/n) was speechless.

She didn't do anything wrong. She really saw River. She talked with her. River told her that

she doesn't love him... But why does she lie to him now? „We are here. Get out." Even if he

talked calmer now, (y/n) could still feel the fury, the burning hate towards her.

„Doctor, please let me explain!", she pleaded.

Is this how their once wonderful companionship would end? „There is nothing to explain." Apperantly yes. Nodding slowly she walked towards the doors and opened them.

Before she stepped out she gave him a last glance and a last, sad smile.

„I'm used to it. I'm used to be send away, used to being left out, being the second option. I'm used to being ignored and getting the blame....to be hated.

It's alright. So don't feel bad if you do any of these things to me...

I've learned to endure it... I've learned to keep my expectations low,

just so none of these things matter to me..."

A tear rolled down her cheek while a last grin towards him appeared on her face: „But with you... I'm not sure... Goodbye Doctor, have a great life." And then she was gone.

Running a hand over his face the timelord went back to River, only to see her standing outside

her cell, waiting for him. „Where the HELL have you been?" „I...I sent (y/n) away. She said she

talked with you and that you said you don't love me. I was blind... how could I not see behind her facade?!? I mean... she was always nice, a bit of a tease, made stupid jokes and tried to

keep up with my rambling. But now...", a tear leaked and rolled down his cheek:

„She broke my hearts. She betrayed me, our friendship."

Pulling him into a hug River rubbed the back of his head: „Has she told you why she did it?" Pulling away from her embrace the Doctor looked away. „I- I didn't let her. I didn't wanted to hear anymore from h-"

* slap * River gave him a slap on the face. „Ow! Why did you do this?!?" He rubbed the now swelling cheek. „You are a big idiot! First of all: she isn't that kind of person from what I heard from you.

Second you sent her away without letting her explain and third you pratically ripped the heart out of her!" Getting dangerously close she poked his chest:

„But the worst of all: You. Didn't. Trusted. Her."

Bewildered he let her continue. „Have you thought about the option that maybe someone wanted you two to go seperate ways? That someone wanted you gone to have access to her?

That someone will use her now that she is broken and torn?" Oh no. Stupid Doctor! Stupid, stupid Doctor! „River, I need to go!"

He needs to fix it. He needs to fix what he just fractured. Without (y/n) it wouldn't be the same. The TARDIS would miss her too. It isn't over yet, he can still talk to her, she will listen, he's sure.

Won't she?