Ch. 6: Cinnamon Brewn

Começar do início

He made her blush. She was affected by him.

Heer's P.O.V.

As if on cue, we all heard an eager "Hi Salaar!" from the counter.

"Hey Haniya," Sally waved politely.

Before she could address Seher Api, a customer went up to the register much to Haniya's dismay.

"We should get going," I piped up.

The siblings nodded.

"Bye," I told Kamran before removing my apron and going past the counter to place it on the hook.

"Bye."

Api and Sally held the front door open for me. Kamran and I exchanged a soft glance as I passed by him.

Salaar drove silently, appearing lost in serious thought, while we both listened to Api enthuse about Umair Bhai coming home from his work trip. When we reached the restaurant, Salaar spoke with the receptionist to get us a table.

Api nudged my arm, whispering, "Who was he? Was he that customer?"

I nodded coyly.

"What's going on between you two?" she squinted with amusement.

My eyes widened, "What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes teasingly just as Salaar turned around. The receptionist led us to our table and we settled into our seats.

Salaar's P.O.V.

I stared at the menu blankly, slowly twirling the fork in my fingers.

Was he more than a friend?

Since when did Heer start hiding things from me?

"Salaar!"

I shifted my gaze to my sister, who was staring at me confused.

"Yes?"

"What are you thinking about? I've been calling your name. What did you want to order?" she gestured towards the waiting waiter.

"The same as her," I referred to Api, unaware of what she asked for.

The waiter jotted it down then disappeared to the kitchen.

I could feel Api studying me while I watched Heer, who glanced at me with a small smile.

Why was she doing this? Nothing had really happened, but it was suddenly starting to feel like Heer was growing away from me. It shouldn't feel like that and I shouldn't think as so, all she had done was meet with him and speak to him, then what was this invisible barrier that's starting to build? I may be thinking too into it. But she never answered if it had been a date when she went out with Kamran, and I never brought it up again nor did she. However, it's always stuck in the back of my mind when we met up each time afterwards.

"Excuse me, Anne's calling," Heer excused herself to take the call outside.

Api nodded while I stared at the table cloth.

"Salaar?" she took my name softly, her eyebrows pulled together.

I looked at her silently.

She kept quiet, and I wasn't in the mood to probe her any further.

"No one makes drinks like Heer."

How many had he had? I had never seen him at the café prior to today.

Heer's P.O.V.

After lunch, Salaar and Api dropped me back to the café.

"What did Salaar order?" Haniya probed as I restocked the condiment shakers.