Chapter 4: Attacked

Começar do início

But what do you expect?

They only had a day to prepare for heaven's sake!

For the entire night, F-4 phantoms launched night attacks in front of them, disrupting the PAVN forces.

The smell of lingering napalm in the morning entered the noses of the men.

But it doesn't smell like victory.

"Nope, nothing yet," he said to Alex, who was still eating his morning rations.

"Mhmm…good," the man responded as he took a bite from his food.

A few meters to his left was Mike and David's decent foxhole, David is currently staring at the horizon, his silent and idle M60 in front of him atop the sandbags, ready to take on whatever PAVN soldier that would attempt to charge at them.

Suddenly, Jimmy arrived at their foxhole, jumping on it, he speaks.

"Mike woke the girls up," he reported.

"Good, can't have them sleeping in the middle of a battle," Jordan responded as Jimmy entered the 3 man foxhole.

Alex took out his binoculars after eating and began observing the horizon. The dense forests in front of them served as a nice place to hide, but in the middle of it were the flat road and plains.

Would be a problem if the Vietnamese brings a lot of armored vehicles.

But their more than a dozen M48 Pattons from Bravo Company sat ready for this occasion.

And they are prepared with M67s and M72s

He puts down the binoculars.

"Command says we got to hold the town for, hmm, 2 days at most," Jimmy informed Jordan.

"How'd we hold for that long?" Alex pessimistically asked, "We're in an overextended position, with like 2 understrength infantry companies."

"We do have Bravo Company with us and their tanks, plus since yesterday we have air support prioritization, we could hold," Jimmy reasoned.

"Air support prioritization my ass, and we can't evacuate the 4 girls," he scoffed, "The entire front's now fubar, hear that? Their bombing everything."

He was right, over the distance, loud booms were heard, as B52s and F-4s sortied around the clock to blunt the PAVN probing attacks in the forests south of them.

"Eh whatever, we're also entrenched," Jimmy continued reasoning.

"I swear this is a suicide mission," Alex continued his incessant complaining, which managed to grate Jordan's nerves.

The man, while he may act that "America no.1" is a very, very irritating man, he keeps complaining about literally everything.

Though that's kind of expected from a drafted kid.