nine. pool house

nine.

. • -

pool house

22:59 | AUGUST 22 - LYDIAHACKETT'S QUARRY CABINS

HACKETT'S QUARRY CABINS

ONCE Kaitlyn and Lydia were both inside, Kaitlyn shut the cabin door.

Lydia let out a sigh before she looked up and walked over to cabin's window, trying to look outside.

She tensed her lips as she immediately felt guilt weighing on her. She felt terrible for running away yet again, regardless of whether or not she could have done something to help. The possibility that she could have or even should have started to get to her.

Lydia shook her head before walking away from the window, dragging her hands down her face.

"Can you see what's going on out there?" Kaitlyn asked.

"That thing is still circling them." Lydia replied.

"Shit, shit... uh...we just gotta wait in here until that... thing goes away. Whatever it is." Kaitlyn said.

"Oh God..." Abigail muttered, Lydia placing her arm around her to soothe her.

"Ryan and Dylan will find a way somehow." Lydia said in an attempt to reassure the others, leaning her head against Abigail's.

"I hope." Kaitlyn said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Lydia slowly blinked, then she turned her head slightly towards Abigail's while her eyes remained on the door.

Lydia moved her hand down to Abigail's upper arm, holding her close as her mind began to stress over Ryan and Dylan.

Abigail glanced over at Lydia briefly, giving her a worried look. "Lydia...?"

"...Huh?" Lydia exclaimed.

"Lydia, you good?" Abigail asked.

"Huh?" Lydia exclaimed, quickly releasing her hand from Abigail. "Sorry. I-- I'm fine, Abi. I'm fine." She apologized, chuckling a bit to try to play it off.

Abigail rubbed her arm before nodding.

Shit, Lydia. Stop thinking about it.

Lydia grunted as she placed a hand on her head in pain, glancing over at the door. The longer she looked at it, the more she wanted to get put, and to help Ryan and Dylan.