1 - First soulmate

TW: FAT SLIGHT SHAMING

Trisha is world renowned, but not for what anyone hopes for. 

She's known as the only person over 21 to have never met their soulmate. Making things worse, she has eight of them. After graduating from NYU and getting a fancy job as an events planner, her best friend begged her to help with an upcoming wedding. 

Her best friend, milked her own story worldwide. Ava Mendez, one of the Mendez triplets, the only triplets in the world to have and share the same single soulmate. It's how she got this highly reputable job.

"I said I'll help"

"Okay good..I'm losing my mind here. Why did I take this job?" Ava raced around the room with boxes of ribbons and pictures. 

"Ava, why isn't this organized?" Trisha grabbed a box digging into it.

"It is organized" She huffed grabbing another box.

"No it's not, where is your binder with all the caterers names and numbers? The wait staff list? The band?"

"I...it's...box two?..no..um.."

"Oh my god.. Sit there and don't move" Trisha moved Ava to a chair taking the box from her. "This is going to take me all night." She ruffled through the first box moving things onto piles on the large table in the conference room they worked in.

"We don't have all night, Stark towers clears everyone out at nine" She huffs combing her finer through her short blond hair as a nervous tick.

"Well, get permission." Trisha said moving more items out the boxes into their new neat piles.

"WHAT? Are you crazy? Tony Stark himself made that rule because the Avengers live upstairs."

"Ava, if we don't do this now...the entire wedding will have gone to shit. Do you really want your name attached to the first Stark event that crashes? Or worse the first Avenger wedding that fails?" Ava looked at Trisha scared, taking a big gulp.

"I...I don't think I can...I can't go ask" Ava's big hazel eyes watered as she became scared shit-less.

"Why not?"

"Because Stark is the one overseeing this. I would..I would have to talk to him" Her face blanched white, pure fear filled her. Trisha had never seen her this scared before in her life.

"Okay..okay listen. I'll go talk to him as your assistant. You start separating things from the boxes by categories." Trisha wrote down the categories for Ava, so she had the correct setup.

"Are you sure?" She stood up still shaking at the thought of speaking to Tony Stark directly, the paper rattling in her hand.

"Yea. I've dealt with enough Stark types to handle one man"

"He's THEE Tony Stark, everyone else are just carbon copies"

"I can handle it." Trisha walks out the room headed to the secretary that ran that particular floor.

"Hello, I'm Trisha Perez, Ava's assistant. I need to speak with Mr. Stark immediately about the wedding" She stood tall and firm, not accepting a no with her stance alone. She had practice this for years. Being a plus size woman in an event planning field made it difficult for her to make clients let alone keep them. Most high scale events required, pretty, botox filled, stomach stapled woman, with overly tanned skin. Her stance was one of the things that showed her as more professional and capable than the competition.

"One moment" The secretary pressed a button on her earpiece. "She needs to see you sir. Yes sir." She pressed it again looking up to Trisha. "He requests you to go up to the Avengers living quarters."