old enemies and new friends

Start from the beginning

"We'll shoot...unless you tell us why you're here."

"Don't tell them a single thing!" a muffled voice from the bubbaleone's stomach shouts. He coughs from the smell, his eyes stinging with tears and yet he still punches the slug for a way to escape. The common sound of blasters starting up made the bandits' ears ring and they looked at the group, still armed and ready to shoot with a hopeless look. "yeah...I don't think you have a choice." Although his words could shake one in fear, his sheepish grin showed his shocking optimistic attitude to the situation.

"It's Twist. We're working for Twist!"

Suddenly, everything in the world seemed to stop for Eli. His grin faltered and memories flowed through his mind like venom. the name made him feel sick.

Twist. The one he trusted and seen as a family, only for him to stab the gang in the back and become Blakk's apprentice, has now come back?

It's been a few months since they've defeated Dr.Blakk and with that, all the people who used to work for him have now been solo once again. Slingers had no choice but to use normal slugs, all the minions and employees have gone to other jobs and all the companies and incorporations, whether they collaborated with him by choice or not, have now been starting to do their own thing again.

Twist's words to him echoed through his head. 'I'm on the side who wins.' Well...the good guys won, didn't they?

He thought he'd gone back to their side.

He hoped he'd gone back to their side.

With a click of his tongue and a sigh, the grasp on his blaster tightens. "Why did he send you here?"

"He wants a map to two rare slugs!" the banging on the bubbly slug's stomach became louder. "SHUT UP STEVE! SHUT.UP!"

"What kind of slugs?" Eli ignored the furious thrashing of the other and focused on Steve, his face seemed determined, done with bad luck. "We don't know the names. But we know one can turn invisible and the other can shapeshift."

"WHAT THE HELL STEVE!" the other cries out. "WE'RE ALL DEAD MEAT NOW!"

"I don't care anymore!" Steve screams back at him. "That guy sucks! How are we even sure he was going to pay us, huh?!"

"MAYBE BECAUSE DR.BLAKK'S WILL HAD HIM ON IT?!!!"

"oh..."

As his teammates chuckle and shook their heads at the scene before them, Eli wastes no time and silently walks up to his Mecha, his head obviously in a different world at the moment. With a heavy heart and words stuck in his throat, he mutters a 'let's go' to his teammates and waits for them to get into their Mechas as well. In a worrying silence, they all sit down and start to ride off to their hideout.

Eli could feel their stares burning holes at his back. "What?" he huffs out. he doesn't dare to even glance at them.

"Dude...you looked pretty sad back there."

"Yeah...."

"I-I was just thinking!" he tries to reason, shoulders rising up and his grasp on the handler tightening a bit. He tried his best to ignore the worried glance Burpy sent him. "Pronto would have to disagree on that." the Molenoid muttered. "You don't really seem in the best of moods."

"You know you can talk with us, right?"

He frowns, his chest suddenly feeling heavy and body feeling frozen. As if a froscrawler has been shot at him. His form shakes a bit as he gets a hard time trying to verbalize his emotions. Seriously, what's up with him? Even he doesn't know at this point. Is he frustrated? Tired? Scared? Angry? He's unsure. He doesn't even think he wants to know what the cause could be. "Let's just..." he takes a deep breath. "Let's just go to the hideout first."