Though the family's reputation changed once Risa was born,

There was never a moment in Risa Tachi's life where she wasn't reminded of the burden that is her existence, and this was all because Haru Tachi, her father, gave into his desires and had a passionate affair with her mother, who was visiting Japan for the summer and was much younger than him. She was inconvenient on both sides, and while her mother chose to love her and provide her with the best childhood she could, Risa was ripped away from her mother's loving arms and placed into the ones of a man who didn't understand what it meant to have a daughter. She feared that his poison would ooze into her bones as it did into those of her older siblings, and she would refuse to conform to her clan's ways. She wanted to be something else.

But here's the thing about being infected with poison: you can breathe it in, swallow it, absorb it through your skin, and most of all, you can choose if you want to prevent it. Maybe it got to Risa without her realizing it; perhaps deep down she's been wanting to be injected with her father's poison. No matter how much Risa could try to put herself on the pedestal of being the least brutal of her older siblings thirst for approval or power, there is no telling what lengths someone could go to for acceptance. It could be that she was just as bad as all of them, if not worse.

Because deep down, who doesn't want to have a taste of power?

☠️

Risa Tachi

Risa Tachi

' the burden '