Chapter 04 - Find Me

Malenia and Baron will finally be able to enjoy the warmth of each other's embrace. Be advised this chapter is NSFW. Enjoy ;)

*******

"Y-Yes," She said in a shy but delighted manner. "I believe you will be a good husband, my Lord. I do not need more time."

He exhaled cheerfully, releasing some of the tension. Yes! She said yes! Baron could not help feeling a little emotional as he slid the golden ring on her finger.

It was beautiful. Its width was slim but just wide enough to allow the engraving of runes that resembled the ones from her own sword. And it fitted perfectly as though it was made on demand for her.

She stretched her hand like she could see it and smiled beautifully. She was shining, and so was he. She gasped again, taking note of the ring's description.

"Ring of Unalloyed Gold. Purified into unalloyed gold, the ring given by Mohg to the young Empyrean Miquella was passed on to Malenia, the Sword of Miquella's future consort. Malenia is an Empyrean, meaning her consort would by rights earn the title of lord."

She paused for a moment, getting ready for the following words. Baron knew those words came from Miquella himself, and so did she.

"'My beloved sister, accept this gift. A gift of abundance, my last drop of dew. Let all things flourish, whether graceful, or malign.' Oh, dearest Miquella... Thank you."

Malenia brought her hand, more specifically the ring, to her heart and thanked her brother again. He continued taking good care of her, even in this delicate form.

Once again she rejoiced that her brother was alive and would keep his promise. He would return.

Oh, Baron... Her beloved Baron.

If Miquella somehow gave him the ring, it meant her brother was not only aware but also approved of their engagement, making Malenia rejoice even more with her choice.

For no one was better than him.

She was so immersed in a newfound blissful happiness, mixed with agape gratitude, that she barely paid attention to the last note of the ring. Something that obviously had not passed unnoticed by Baron when he read it for the first time.

"An intricately crafted ring of unalloyed gold. A ritual implement crafted to ward away the meddling of outer gods is thought capable of forestalling the incurable rotting sickness, just as it is with the needle."

The knight removed its gauntlets and gently grabbed his consort's hands, leading her to remove his helm.

"'A helm worn by Vargram the Raging Wolf, one of the first Tarnished to visit the Roundtable Hold.'" She read it, putting the helm down. "'Vargram earned his nickname from the white wolf pelt that adorns this helm.' Oh, so this is your armor?" She asked.

"The other pieces say: 'According to the old legends, wolves are the shadows of the Empyrean. Vargram aspired to such a state himself.' Sounds very fitting. Besides, it is a fine armor. Pretty sure you would like it."

"I would."

She murmured, putting an end to the armor subject. She let her fingers run gently through his face, discovering every little detail she could not see. Baron closed his eyes, enjoying the affectionate caress.

He sighed when her thumb brushed his lips, hurrying him to remove her helm. He did it carefully, putting it aside without minding reading its description.

"Tell me, my Lord, what do you look like?"

She asked casually, trying to alleviate a bit of the tension that came from his soft touch, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. He smiled, admiring how gorgeous and adorable she was.