30. nothing can stop its narrative

CHAPTER THIRTY:nothing can stop its narrative_______________________________THE LAST EIGHT MONTHS HAD TO HAVE BEEN THE MOST CONFUSING AND LONGEST PERIOD OF TIME IN VALERIE'S LIFE

CHAPTER THIRTY:
nothing can stop its narrative
_______________________________
THE LAST EIGHT MONTHS HAD TO HAVE BEEN THE MOST CONFUSING AND LONGEST PERIOD OF TIME IN VALERIE'S LIFE.

Ever since Nova revealed the big secret, Valerie spent most of her lengthy and desolating days trying to search for answers, but it was always a dead-end. She searched every inch of her house, tried making a couple of calls to people who may've known anything about the situation, she even went as desperate to hope that Nova would reach out to her. Whether it was through the sticky notes she'd leave—or if she decided to physically come in contact with Valerie, Nova most likely had the answers. Unfortunately, leaving an already discombobulated Valerie with no answers whatsoever was Nova's intention.

Nova was fully aware of the toll her plan would have on Valerie. She knew that it would result in countless sleepless nights and even Valerie growing a hatred for Melina, potentially ruining any of the relationship Valerie had left with Melina, if there was even any left to begin with. But that was the hope of it all. Nova would go as far as she needed to, just so she could be at the very top. She wanted to watch as the lives of the people she envied (specifically Valerie) slowly began to worsen to the point where they'd be a tragic topic to speak on.

Hawkins' once beloved, Valerie Revora, falls from her throne, leaving an identical clone of her mother. . . Sounded pretty appealing to Nova if you asked her. Even if Nova was no longer living in the town of Hawkins, she already promised herself a long time ago that she'd keep a good eye on the people in the town. And that's exactly what she'd continue doing. Anyway.. back to Valerie.

Despite Valerie's occasional urges to tell Selina about the whole situation, she didn't want to get her involved. Also, in the most light-hearted way possible, the blonde couldn't keep a secret to save her life, well.. no secrets except her own—of course. Valerie also contemplated on telling Robin, even though she'd only known her for about nine months. But she didn't want to put Robin in a situation where she felt obligated to give Valerie advice, so that was a no. Lastly, there was Steve, who she shamefully considered more times than she'd like to admit. But that was only because Steve didn't dwell on the bullshit Valerie had going on her life. He'd give the situation some thought, and give her his input on whatever had been happening. He never pitied Valerie because he knew that was exactly what she didn't want. But once Valerie really thought about what she'd be doing by enlightening anyone on the situation, she basically made up her mind to not tell a single soul. Secrets really do run in the family.

Considering Valerie had swore to herself that she wouldn't tell anyone, safe to say that the effects of bottling up the emotions that came with finding out a family-destroying secret was completely shattering her. However, as we know, Valerie was forced to learn how to mask her emotions at a young age. So she kept that mechanism in her back pocket at all times, while she kept herself occupied, which was another mechanism that seemed to be working for her.