2 - Meet

Of course, the two met later on, how could it be true love if they'd only met once? It was at a small, cozy café, only a short walk away from the train station.

"Earl gray tea please, with only a tad bit of cream," Charles ordered from the bartender tiredly. He waited a moment, zoning out before the scent of sweet caramel suddenly caught his attention. He to his side, and his surprise, it was the boy he'd seen on the passing train.

The boy looked just as he did on the train, his curly hair falling into his pretty face, over his dark chocolate eyes, and noticeably long lashes. His warm-colored lips looked glossy and kissable. The boy's attention shifted to Charles.

"It's you." The boy spoke, recognizing Charles quickly.

Charles couldn't help but smile, his face heating up a bit. "I hadn't expected you to recognize me," he said.

"So you recognize me, too?"

"How could I forget a face like yours?"

The boy raised an eyebrow, attempting to look unaffected by Charles' comment, but a smile tugged at the edges of his mouth, and the blush on his freckled cheeks grew more vibrant.

"You don't even know my name and you're hitting on me?"

"Don't say it like that, it makes me sound dodgy."

"Well, maybe you are a little dodgy." The boy spoke, mimicking Charles' British accent.

"Rubbish," Charles said, rolling his eyes. "Would I be less dodgy if I told you my name?"

The boy nodded.

"It's Charles," He said in a cheeky tone. "And your name?"

"Felix. It's nice to meet you, Charles." He held out his hand for Charles, who gladly shook Felix's hand. Even though their skin had only made contact for seconds, Charles already craved the contact again.

"So, Felix. Can I get you a beverage?" Charles offered.

"Thank you, but I have my own money," Felix said in a snide, yet playful tone.

Charles rolled his eyes. "I wasn't suggesting you didn't. I just wanted to offer, just in case."

The bartender placed Charles' cup of earl Gray on the counter and named the price. Charles slid the cash to the bartender and took a sip of the tea. He pulled away quickly after the tea burnt his tongue.
"Careful, it's hot," Felix said, before ordering a caramel frappuccino, with whipped cream and extra caramel.

"Blimey."

Felix smiled.

"You think that's funny? That the bloody tea burnt my tongue?"

"I think it's funny how British you are."

Charles raised an eyebrow. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

They both left the cafe, feeling particularly happy. They'd ended up sitting together and having a pleasant conversation, and they'd even exchanged numbers. As Charles arrived at his apartment, he hung his coat on the coat rack and pulled out his phone. 

________________________________________________________________________________

gay

Words: 460