Chapter 4 - Morning Calamity

Start from the beginning

When I got outside, I saw Nino sitting on the floor. She tried to go back inside before the doors closed, but failed.

"God, you're useless." Had she forgotten her key? Looks like her pride won't allow her to ask the other girls.

"Go away, I don't want to see your face anymore."

I'll leave her be so she can calm down. As I walked ahead, I looked back. My body stopped and wouldn't move, no matter how hard I tried to move.

At the back of my mind, I knew the reason. I would be failing my duty as emotional support if I left her there. I'll try my best to help her, at least.

"He-"

"What are you doing?" I sat adjacent to her, not so close obviously.

"I'm here to cheer you up."

"You leaving would be a great first step."

"Fine, I'm here to make sure you are safe."

"I can't feel safe with a creep like you."

"You dont have your key I presume. You're all alone outside at this hour, some creep might just kidnap you."

"Why do you even care?"

"Fuutarou is supposed to tutor five people, not four."

"So the root of the problem is that tutor job. Everyone is so stupid."

"Even your sisters? That's gotta be a lie."

"Especially my sisters, they're crazy letting two creeps inside our home without a second thought."

"So you hate not only me and Fuutarou, but your sisters too?" No response.

"This home is for us five, there's no place for them. You said that yourself, before everything happened."

"S-so what if I said that."

"In reality, you love your sisters. That's why you won't accept outsiders so easily, cause you care about their safety."

"...How wrong can one person be? You think you understand me, but that could never happen."

"I do know how it feels, I had a little sis-"

"Yeah, I didn't do anything wrong did I? I shouldn't beat myself up over this. I made up my mind. I won't accept you, even if the others hate me," she confidently said.

"What?" Welp, I tried.

"Nino, how long are you gonna sit here? Get back inside."

Someone randomly appeared.

"Miku-san?"

"You're here too? Perfect, I need to give you something."

"I'll head upstairs Miku. Dont say down here with him for too long, or your brain will rot," warned Nino as she left.

I should have left her alone.

"Dont mind Nino. Here, I have to give you my phone number."

"Huh?"

"You dont want a misunderstanding to happen again right?" The intercom worked fine, but this is even better.

For my entire life, I had only used my phone as an alarm clock. My phone had never went below 90%, but now it's gonna have Miku's phone number!

Well, it has Fuutarous number but that dont count.

"H-hey why are you crying?"

"Thank you for entrusting me with this. But it won't be just for that ya know. Exchanging numbers means we text and call each other for fun." She seemed delighted hearing that.