i. Fiore

I wish I could see these blue and then purple-pink skies every day

Seeing the sea from the balcony of my small flat brought colour to my days. Every day I saw a new colour in the sky and every day I realised I couldn't get enough of it. It was the best part of the day.

Good company and a coffee in hand are what one needs after all that is going on in the world.

Juno had been my only companion since I left everything behind, and I had never asked for better company than him. People think a cat doesn't make a pleasant company but I could give you a thousand reasons Juno does. He never leaves me alone, and that's what I appreciate about him. He is always in the flat or in the shop. It's not very difficult for him to get lost now that there are not so many tourists in this small town on the Amalfi Coast.

Praiano.

The doorbell rang in every corner of my flat, scaring us both. Juno ran to hide in the bedroom when he heard Elio's voice. He was probably going to ask me for the rent money, which I still hadn't got. So I just tried not to make any noise to make him go away.

"I know you're there, Aelia." I heard him say. He was not only ringing the doorbell, but also knocking on the door. "AELIA."

I may sound like the most annoying person in Praiano, but Elio was one of my few friends. Unfortunately, he was also the owner of this whole place and so even though I am his friend, there was no friendship discount for renting.

The door to the flat opened to reveal the brown-eyed brunette. I hated it when he did that. He used the key I had hidden to get in. Despite all the threats he had received from me, he still did it. He had got used to it.

"Elio."

"Good afternoon, Miss Aelia." He grinned as he walked over to where I stood and kissed me on the cheek. "I haven't come for the rent money, don't worry."

I let out a sigh, thankful it wasn't about that. I sat back in my chair to continue with my coffee and listen to what he had to say.

"I have good news." He said as he sat down next to me. "I just closed a deal with a Brit who will stay for a few months in the 306 and I raised his rent a bit."

"So you ripped him off?" I asked. He shook his head as he also shook his finger. "Elio, that's ripping people off."

"I call it doing business, Aelia." He spoke arrogantly. "You should be happy because now I won't be despairing about the rent and you'll have a new neighbour. British and possibly old... I'm sure if you offer him one of your pretty flowers, he'll be a new customer too." He smirked, and I rolled my eyes.

"So I have to look at it as a win-win?" I asked him, and he nodded. "What is his name?" I grabbed my mobile phone to look him up on some social network to make sure he was a decent person. But Elio just shrugged his shoulders, giving me to understand that he did not know. "Unbelievable."