𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎.

Paul, Jane, and about 12 other people squeezed into John's car. So many people were coming that three different cars were nearly filled to the brim.

Paul had Jane sitting on his lap to save space, trying hard to control the bulge and the worry in his stomach. George was crying so hard in the backset that John yelled at him to shut up so he could focus on the road.

Poor George. John didn't have to yell at him.

-

The three cars arrived at the hospital in under twenty minutes. About forty teenagers were shoving and shouting the whole way inside. The nurses were overwhelmed by all the chaos, but everyone was already running up the stairs to the ICU.

It was truly a sight to see. Girls, boys, nerds, jocks, people of all grades were rushing up there to see Ringo. Even the popular kids were helping the loner ones up the stairs. It didn't matter who you were or what your status was, if you knew Ringo or you were there to support your friends, you were running through the hallway in his room.

"Nurse!" Jane cried out of breath while holding Paul's hand. "Nurse, which room is Richard Starkey's?!"

The nurse looked over to the frantic crowd. "I can't let all of you in at once-"

One of the bad boys opened up his pocketknife and held to the nurse. "You better let us in, or you'll be the one in a hospital bed!"

She didn't get paid enough for this, so she pointed to the room and watched as they all rushed to the door. Paul threw it open, making Mrs. Starkey jump and look behind her. Her eyes swelled up with tears when she saw the crowd filling the door. Paul, John, and George were in the front.

"Oh my. He would've loved to see all his friends here..." She turned away, the tears beginning to fall again.

George walked up to the bed first. The magazine from yesterday was still in the same place he left it. It was a smack in the face to see Ringo hooked up to more machines, his face up to the sky and looking half-dead.

"He called me on the phone, telling me you stopped by, George." Elise spoke quietly. "I'm so glad you did. I'm happy you saw him before his nap..."

His heart suddenly stopped as he covered his mouth. He was the one to tell Ringo to rest. He listened to his advice, and now he's in a coma. George couldn't stay anymore, he left the room.

John stayed away from the bed. He was in the ICU once to visit his mother the night of the accident, and Starr looked too much like Julia that night. Paul walked up to Ringo, his hands shaking.

It's almost like mum.

"When he gonna wake up?" Paul's voice sounded like a soft song.

"Not sure...but he'll have to wake up eventually..."

....

Why didn't I see him when I had the chance...?

John and Paul walked out, both nearly beside themselves in tears. They should've gone in yesterday, just to see him for a second. What if he never wakes up, and Ringo dies thinking they hate him because they didn't see him?

I should've listened to George...

Speaking of him, when the two stepped out, they expected to see the youngest there still bawling, but he was gone.

Fearing the worst, they both ran to George's house. Thankfully, he was there, getting an earful from his upset parents.

"I don't know what your deal is!" His father could be heard from outside. "First fighting and now skipping school!? I wouldn't be surprised if the next time you come home you're downing a bottle of whiskey!"