The Guardians 2: Chapter 03

Start from the beginning

"Ahh~ I'm so scared. Why must it be me." Juri's eyes went teary and we all can see that her hands are shaking right now.

"It's okay, I know you can do it." Minghao patted her.

"Juri wait." Wonwoo called, Juri stopped and turned around with a questioning look.

"Be careful."

"Oh my god, now you're making me scared~!!" Cried Juri in despair.

And she went inside.

"So, what happened?"

"I was told not to tell you guys since it's gonna spoil the test and I was also told that not every test are the same since all of us have different superpowers." Wonwoo's answer angered all of them.

"Different superpower different test?!"

"I hope Juri will be fine.." Minghao said while biting his fingernails, he's too worried about her, the same way I did to Wonwoo. But the fact that Wonwoo looks so fine as if the test wasn't something to be scared of, I'm suddenly not worried.

"Can't you at least tell us a hint?" Jisoo asked him.

"Hm, I'd say dark as a hint." Replied Wonwoo.

"Don't tell me that we're gonna undergo the test in the dark!" One thing I know for sure about Seokmin is that, he's really a scaredy-cat. He hates scary, creepy and eerie stuffs.

"I don't have a good sight when it's dark." Said Yena.

"Guys, it's been 31 minutes and Juri's still inside.." Minghao mumbled softly. He keep biting his fingernails due to anxiousness and nervousness. The boys tried so hard to calm him down ever since Juri entered the hall.

"Next, Yoon Jeonghan." Called the principal the moment Juri went out of the hall.

"Juri!" Minghao shouted as he rushed towards Juri.

"This is nothing serious, honestly." Murmured Jeonghan before entering the hall.

"Juri! Are you okay?" Minghao asked, holding both her shoulders firmly.

"Relax.. I'm fine." She chuckled.

"But why are you sweating? Your cheeks are red."

"Minghao, I said I'm fine."

While us here just watching the two talking, Yena suddenly tapped my shoulder.

"Don't you realized that both Wonwoo and Juri had done the test and they kinda acted different once they got out? And they also kind of looks a bit different too?" She raised one of her eyebrow in bafflement.

"Don't tell me.. Professor Kim did something dirty to them." She continued as she leaned her face closer, my face turned into the discombobulated one as I stared at her.

"Yena-"

"Maybe Professor Kim are conducting experiments on each of us." She added.

"No way.." I said as I pushed her away softly.

"I mean, look at Juri. She's suddenly silent. You know how she always talk a lot whenever she's with Minghao." Yena remarked as she pointed her finger to Juri who's now just sitting staring at nothing.

I turned to Wonwoo.

He's sitting there while his eyes are fixated on his shoes.

Yena's right, I know Wonwoo are usually silent but this time it's a bit different. I wonder what actually happened to both of them during the test? I'm so curious but the fact that both Professor Kim and the principal told them to keep it as a secret, it's really killing me.

"Alright, that's all for today. See you all tomorrow." Professor Kim said before he entered the hall once again and closed the door.

"Jeonghan, you good?" Asked Seungcheol to Jeonghan who's now quiet than usual.

"Yeah, don't worry about me." Jeongan flashed them a smile of assurance.

"Are three of you really okay?" Jun asked as he stared at those three. Looking at the three of them who had their test today, they became silent after having the test. This curiousity is really killing me.

"I'm suddenly scared~" Mumbled Yena as she moved closer to me, all of us are now on our way back to our dorms.

"Me too." I cooed.

"Juri's been silent ever since. I hope nothing bad happened to her." Eunjae chimed in.

"Wonwoo and Jeonghan too.." I whispered.

Arriving to the dormitory blocks, the boys and the girls parted their ways but I grabbed Wonwoo's wrist, stopping him from walking away from me.

"Wonwoo.. Are you okay? Whenever we part our ways you'll say things like 'see you later' but just now, you just walked away without even looking at me." I mellowly uttered to him.

It kinda hurt my feelings a little.

"I'm so sorry, Haekyung."

"What's wrong, Wonwoo? Did anything happened during the test? Was it scary? Did you failed? Or, did Professor Kim said something bad to you?" I frowned as I leaned closer, examining his face.

"Don't worry about me, nothing happened. I'm just glad that I was able to pass the test." He smiled as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Wait.. Does that mean Jeonghan and Juri failed the test..? Because they both looked so gloomy and sullen." I tapped my chin twice while pondering about it.

"I'm not sure.."

"Why do you look so tired? Was it tiring and hard?" I tilted my head but still, Wonwoo smiled as he shook his head.

"Can't you tell me a bit about the test? Just a bit!" I pleaded with my puppy eyes. Wonwoo heaved a sigh as he stared at me.

"I was told not to tell anything.." He answered.

"Aww, please~! I promise I won't tell anyone else!" I whimpered as I keep shaking his arm. He let out a defeated sigh before locking his eyes onto mine.

Oh my god, Wonwoo please just tell me. You know who I am. I'm Han Haekyung. Once I got curious about something, I would never be able to stop thinking about it until I know the answer.

"I really wasn't supposed to tell but I can't help it. Just.. Don't tell anyone else okay?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Okay!"

"You'll be kill-"

And he passed out.

-

an update today because i'll be very busy in the weekend, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! <3