000 | 'science project'

ACT ONE, 000 'science project'[ season one ]

ACT ONE, 000
'science project'
[ season one ]

It was starting to get cold the night of November 6th. Amara and Ashley were sitting in the car waiting for James Ashley's little brother.

"Should we knock?" asked Amara while looking at the Wheeler's door, her best friend shrugged "he said they would've finished by now" the girl huffed as she rested her head on the steering wheel. 

"C'mon Ash, you know how it is. Last year we were doing the same thing" admitted Amara, Ashley laughed it off "yeah but the campaign that they're playing is not even that interesting, Amy!", 'Amy' joined her best friend, chuckling briefly.

Amara immediately scoffed when she remembered that Eddie Munson kicked them both out of the Hellfire club they haven't been playing since. "That asshole!," added Ashley, "I can't believe he did that just because we bruised his ego" Amara agreed, "the fact that he waited to become the Dungeon Master just to banish us is hilarious".

"Who banished who from what?". It was James, he snicked into the backseats while the two girls were remembering the good times, the boy poked his head into the front seats, looking at the two people in the front with the look of someone searching for an answer. "So?" he persisted.

Ashley gave him a smack on the head "dude! You scared the shit out of us! What the hell!"

James touched his head lightly on the spot where his step-sister hit him, "sorry" as the boy huffed he rested his back in the seat. Meanwhile, Ashley turned on the car, going on the way home.
"Are you still working on that science project? It's been weeks!" the two teenagers looked at each other, both smirking, knowing in reality that the 'science project' never actually existed.

Around the end of August Amara, went to the graveyard during the afternoon to pay a visit to her father, after that, her mind is still completely blank. She just remembers that she woke up in her bed in a pool of her sweating. Her head hurt like she had drunk a bottle full of vodka and then passed out. But it wasn't just that.

The sun was bothering her sight and   she was hungry, not for pasta or any of that at least. Because after eating half of the things inside the fridge she still had this insatiable hunger. She took the thermometer to check if she had any sign of fever but, Amara wasn't burning up she was freezing, other than the hunger she was feeling normal, so to calm herself she went for a walk in the woods, but not before taking a pair of glasses and checking herself in the mirror, as she did that she immediately noticed her skin being paler than usual, but the girl just ignored it and went for a walk anyway.

Troubles began when while walking along her way Amara met a deer, she normally just looked at it while thinking how cute it is, yet everything she could think that moment was the vein of that deer in front of her, sensing the blood moving inside of it. So when she started getting closer, it came out like it was natural for her to change the shape of her teeth and bite the exact point she was looking at a moment before.
Leeching out the vitality of the deer by sucking its blood with her sharp teeth. Amara tried to remain calm, giving the animal a worthy burial, but as soon as she entered her house she started maniacally crying. How was that even possible? I'm a monster. That was all she could think.