He held the door open for me before going to the side table. "Coffee?"

I nodded and he poured me some. We sat in silence as we drank out hot caffeine.

"You know, we wouldn't be in this mess if you hadn't ended things with me," I admitted.

What I said was an honest statement. If he didn't create a mess in our lives, we probably wouldn't have been like this.

He paused for a second before continuing to drink his coffee.

"Why'd you do it?"

He turned to me. "Can we not start this at work Sophia? You know employee's ears can stretch."

"If we don't do this now then when can we? I have been asking you for months now and I can't get an answer from you. Not once have you given a reason? Not once Hunter!"

He shrugged his shoulders. "You already know the answer."

"No, I don't Hunter."

He smiled. "Your father-in-law told you yesterday."

I shook my head and looked away. "You're lying!"

"Believe it or not, I'm an asshole who likes to use things and then throw them away when I'm bored."

I turned to him. "Really? If you're such an asshole why don't you look me in the eyes and tell me that again?"

"I'm not doing that because I don't have anything to prove to you."

"Or it's because you know you're lying!"

He scoffed because getting up. I quickly got up and stopped him.

"Hunter, what's going on? I want the truth."

He let go of me.

"Is it because you don't love me any more or-"

"Of course, I love you, Soph!"

I froze. He said four words I'd never expect him to say to me again.

He looked like he regretted saying those words. "Sophia, I didn't mean to-"

"Then why did you break up with me!?"

His mouth was sealed.

"Hunter, I swear-"

"It's because you told me to, alright!?"

I laughed. "I did no such thing."

"Independence day."

I instantly stopped laughing.

...

"I hate them; I hate them all!" I shouted as marched into our bedroom.

"And what the hell do you expect me to do, Sophia?" He shouted back at me.

"How about you stand up for me as a good husband does?"

He sighed, "Sophia."

"Don't call my name! Your friends treat me like shit and you don't even try to care!"

"I do!"

"Where were you when Kennedy was humiliating me in front of everyone then?"

He stayed quiet.

I chuckled as I felt hot tears runningg down my cheeks.

"Of course, you don't have anything to say."

He tried to calm me down by hugging me but I pushed him away.

"Stop trying to distract me! Admit that you care more for your friends than me."

Rage took over him as I said those words.

"That's bullshit and you know it, Sophia! You know you mean the world to me!"

"Then why do you make me come to these dumb parties they have every chance they get?" I shouted.

I dropped down on the bed as I looked at the dark red stain of wine Kennedy had spilled all over my new, white crop top.

"Why are you allowing your friends to cause me so much agony?" I cried.

"You should change and then we'll talk," he gently said as he handed me a clean shirt.

I suddenly felt uncontrollable anger towards him. I didn't want to wait for him to make up some dumb excuse or try to distract me like he always does. That's when I got up and screamed the worst thing a wife could say to her husband.

"You make me sick. I wish we weren't together anymore!"

...

Tears ran out of my eyes as I remembered that horrible argument I tried so hard to bury. I didn't mean any of those words I said to him. I apologized to him right after.

"Hunter, you know I didn't mean that."

"Ninety percent of people say how they feel when they're angry."

"Well, I'm that ten percent!"

He shook his head.

"Hunter..."

"I didn't want to tell you because I knew what you'd say, Soph. I don't want to be the cause of your pain."

He wiped a tear that was about to fall before leaving.

...
Vote!