Prologue

My family and I moved here in April 1984. I now call home a small town in Indiana, Hawkins.

I decided to make a name for myself by babysitting. That's when Joyce Byers hired me.

She explained everything to me about Will's disappearance last year. She told me about the upside-down and the monsters that reside in it and how a little girl named Eleven saved the day.

She then explained how times for the Byers got tough. Joyce's job wasn't cutting it anymore. She needed Jonathan to work, but she needed to know Will was safe. That's where I came in.

At first I was just Will's babysitter, more like a personal bodyguard, but after a while the rest of the kids grew fond of me. I was basically forced to do everything with them but now they considered me a friend.

Summer had passed and the new year began. A new family had moved to town. Billy Hargrove and Max Mayfield. Max had Joined the group of kids and we became almost like sisters.

Billy and I never really crossed paths and we never gave each other a second glance. Until now.

~Kylie Mason

A/N: Im so excited for this! I want to try to upload a chapter everyday but school starts Aug 18th so that my change. I'm not very fond of stories that follow the plot in the show so just assume will was fine and the gate was closed and Eleven is in the group of kids. Also Billys not racist in this story, but still an asshole. Chapters will also be longer, this is just the prologue.