Chapter 2 - The Mission

Nat returned to Carol, and Chloe to inform them what Tony had said. Chloe said, "Well I really want both of you to stay, but if 1 of you has to go that would be fine i guess." Nat cupped her face, "I am really proud of how your handeling this." Carol praised her as well, "Nat I think, since she's handeling this super well, she deserves an extra 15 minutes of screen time." "I agree," Nat said, but neither of them noticed Chloe, Clint walked in, "Hey uhh...is Chloe...does she always do that?" Nat and Carol turned, and saw Chloe shaking. They looked at each other, then tend to Chloe, "Chloe baby it's alright," Nat said. Chloe heard her voice, and calmed down. When she was completely calm Carol took her to get medicine as it was 6 minutes long. Nat told Clint and some others who had walked in as Carol was walking out what had happened. "She has PTSD and she was having a panic attack." The team understood, Steve asked, "was she born with it?" "No, we rescued her from an abusive background." Steve was going to ask another question, but then Carol called Nat, and Nat went down to the lab, where Carol was with Claire. Claire saw Nat, "mummy I don't want any needles," she was crying. Nat picked her up, and carried her to her room, after speaking to Claire for fifteen minutes she took her to the lab. Holding Claire while she received the needles, Claire was crying, but not fighting. Nat, and Carol praised her for not fighting the needles, then Tony came and asked about the mission. "Claire, you need to decide who is going to stay with you, me or mum." Without hesitation Claire answered, "mummy stay with me." Tony and Carol both said okay, and Carol left to get ready for the mission. Nat took Claire to the living area, and sat down with Claire. "Sweetie I'm really proud of how your handling this," she looks over at Chloe's tear stained face, "oh honey," she puts an arm around Chloe. "I know this is hard," Chloe sobs into her chest. A few hours later the team had left, and it was just Chloe, Peter, and Nat. Chloe wasn't taking it very well, "I want mum," she kept saying over and over. Nat knew it was the first time, so it was harder on Chloe, but she kept reassuring Chloe that it was okay. Eventually Chloe gave up trying to get Carol back, and she fell asleep on the couch. Nat carried her upstairs, and fell asleep next to her. The next morning Chloe woke up, and saw Nat there and not Carol. "Mummy I want mum," she started crying, Nat consoled her, reassuring her she'll be back before Chloe knew it. This made Chloe even more upset, "mum where are you," she called. Nat gave up, and called Tony, telling him Chloe's situation, and asked when they were coming home. Tony replied, "we'll it's a week long mission, but I can send Carol back if you think that'll help Chloe." Nat replied no, and that Chloe would be okay. Then she went to tell Chloe, "Chloe mum will be here in 7 days, alright." Chloe nodded, and they made a countdown chart. A week later and Chloe was doing fine. The team landed, and Nat saw them land. She said nothing to Chloe, and as Carol came in said, "where's my sweet girl?" "Mum,"" Chloe cried, running to Carol. Afterwards Nat, and Carol sat down to catch up, while they talked, Chloe sat on Carols lap. "And this little one was not having a great day yesterday, huh Chloe." Chloe looked at Nat, and nodded , Carol hugged her.