"I'm sorry, what?" Phastos asked and turned to Sersi, seeing as she practically sank in her spot. "You didn't wanna tell me that?"

"You've never been able to do it before." Makkari signed in surprise.

"I don't know how it happened, okay? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again." Sersi glumly shook her head.

Phastos scoffed. "Well, now is the time to try, don't you think?"

"Phastos, that Deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep, not to kill it." She emphasized with stress laced in her tone. "I can't kill a Celestial."

"Sersi--" Phastos slightly raised his voice before taking a deep breath. "Sersi."

"We can't!" She exclaimed in frustration until she sees the solemn expressions on Makkari and Phastos. "We can't. I-I'm sorry." She whispered before quickly walking out of the laboratory.

"It's okay, Elyus." Druig reassured, meeting his weak smile. "I got this."

I nod and then turn to Phastos. "Think you can try to fix what Ikaris destroyed?" I ask, beginning to walk to the exit as well.

"I think so, but where are you going? Don't tell me you're leaving too."

"Of course not. I just need to have a chat with our team leader." I shrug. "Someone has to give her a pep talk."

"Well, good luck with that. She seemed stressed out of her mind." Druig chuckled, earning a smack from Makkari which caused him to wince. "Ouch!"

"Thanks, Makkari." I say before I continue to walk down the hallway.

As I pass by one of the rooms with Arishem's statue, I immediately stop in my tracks. I slowly back up to the room and coincidentally enough, Sersi was leaning against the wall and looking out the window.

It had a clear view of the Babylonian mountains and a wave of nostalgia hit my senses. This is how Sersi must've seen me when she saw me looking through the window of outer space.

I quietly approach her with my hands behind my back, letting out a sigh. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" I say, recalling her exact words to me when we first met.

Sersi immediately wiped her eyes, not bothering to look at me. "Bit overwhelming actually. Makes you feel small."

"It's okay to admit you're scared, you know. All of us are after learning about one betraying us and then losing another two in the span of three minutes. Questioning whether the five of us stand a chance against Ikaris and Sprite."

"Some leader Ajak chose, huh?" She muttered. "I didn't see the lies right in front of me. I'm not even sure why Ajak chose me to lead. All I do is mess it all up."

"I already told you why." Her eyes flickered to me in confusion. "Because as soon as we stepped foot on this planet, you fell in love with the people here. Since the beginning, you helped them flourish into their best selves, including us. Ajak saw that and knew Ikaris would never stray from Arishem."

"You did too. You've always talked about getting to explore the planet and getting to know the people without a care in the world. Hell, you probably already did."

I snort. "Didn't you hear Dane say that I hate most people I talk to? I run a bar that barely scrapes enough cash to keep the place going. My reasonings were for my own good rather than anyone else which is why Ajak chose you."

"Elyus--"

"Sersi, listen to me." I place my hands on her shoulders, making sure she faced me. "Being a perfect leader doesn't mean you never make a mistake. Yeah, you're clumsy and there were points where you accidentally screwed up or that we doubted some of your choices--"