Growling I clenched my hands. ‘I’m complicating things? You’re the one who doesn’t know when to stop trying to get away you’re my mate for the love of god!’

‘sometimes I wish I wasn’t your mate Zachary’

‘you mean all the time sense your with that thing?’ I sneered through clenched teeth. ‘yes quiet an upgrade bet he has everything I don’t’

‘he does’ she bit out through clenched teeth as well her hands were in tight fists and her chest rose and fell quickly as she glared at me. ‘he’s never forced himself on me, or tried to take advantage of me’

‘and I have?!’

‘yes-you have’ she shivered the smell of fear mate Tallon howl out in pain. ‘you forced me to do things I didn’t want to do with you even when I pleaded with you’ she whispered in a raw voice that cut deep making me flinch away.

‘you never fought back’

‘I shouldn’t of had to! My simple pleas should of made you back off, Tanner is a gentlemen he’s never forced me into anything I’ve always done it willingly and without any objections’ she answered coldly her words slicing through me making me clutch my chest in pain.

‘Sophia-I’m your mate you have to understand how it enrages us both to see and hear you talk of Tanner we lost control. Mates aren’t meant to be separated like we have, this is only worst between us because I’m an alpha wolf. I need you by my side to help me watch over our pack’ I pleaded with her as I extended my hand out to her.

I hoped she would come back to me. She had came into my house into my room without me having to come get her. Hope bloomed in my heart maybe there could be a chance that she would come back to me without having to do anything.

Shaking her head she took a deep breath. ‘I cant, Tanner needs me by his side’

‘I need you by my side! We’ll die without each other’

Flinching she looked away. The raw emotion in my voice was getting to her Tallon protested in my staying were I was he wanted me to go to her. And I suddenly found myself out of my bed walking towards her taking small steps trying not to scare her.

Pulling her into my arms I held her tight to my chest her body stiff as I kissed the side of her neck my teeth extended as the need to mark her became to strong to ignore. Pulling back I pressed my lips to her making her whimper out when I cupped her face in my hands.

‘Sophia please’

‘No, Jordan now’ something appeared next to her like a glowing figure as I seen it settle what looked like a hand on her shoulder. Suddenly she was gone in a puff of smoke. My skin burned and tingled. I hadn’t been close to Sophia without her screaming at me and it had come to a shock when she hadn’t pushed me away. But she didn’t. She stood there slightly trembling maybe stiff but she had stayed. Something in her was fighting back, something in her was trying to bring her back to me.

**

Looking down at my empty arms that fell to my side as I made my way back to bed. Grabbing her pillow I drew it to my chest with a little pout as I gave  a deep sigh. 

~

Glancing around I looked at the house. Glancing at Jordan I gave a weak smile. ‘thanks’

Nodding he shoved his hands into his jean pockets as he glanced back at the house. ‘why do you stay with Tanner when your mate has changed so much?’ he asked curiously.

‘because-because Tanner needs me and, he’s different then Zachary I didn’t have to wait for him to change to the better. Tanner was how he was but Zachary he’s just changed and he could quickly change back to how he originally was’ I gave a deep huff.