chapter 2

I stepped out of the building, already walking towards my car. The drive home all I could think about was Nick. The way he spoke, laughed, blushed. He was perfect. I can't believe I've never seen him before.

Before turning on my street, I stopped at the stop sign. There he was. On his skateboard. Crossing the street. Of course he can skateboard.

He looked at me through the window and that's when I realized I was staring. He waved at me, so I rolled down my window. Y/n what the fuck are you doing??

"Some people would call this stalking you know?" He said, forming a giant smirk.

"Wipe that smirk off your face." I rolled my eyes. "I'm on my way home, don't flatter yourself." My stomach sank as I said those words. Home. It has never been much of a home.

He laughed without saying anything so I kept talking.

"I didn't know you could skate."

"Why would you? We only met like 20 minutes ago."

I laughed but it was 100% true.

"We should skate some time," I said.

"No way. You can skate?" He said, surprised.

"Yeah"

"I'll take you up on that offer then. I gotta get going but don't forget to text me." He said with the biggest smile on his face. I pulled out my phone and texted his new contact. Nick :)

He must've felt the vibration because he checked his phone. The text read, I didn't forget :)

His face turned to a rosey pink. "Bye y/n."

"Goodbye Nick."

I closed the window and drove home. God I think i'm falling for a guy I met 20 minutes ago. I opened the front door and made sure no one was home before grabbing a snack from the kitchen. I lived with my mom and dad at the time but both of them were pretty much dead to me so I didn't consider either of them my family. I had hopes to move out as soon as I turned 18 but unless I got a stable job, it wasn't looking too good.

I wanted to text him again but figured it's his turn now and the last thing I wanted him to think of me was desperate. So instead I got in the shower.

I always preferred showering in cold water. I liked how much it numbed any type of pain.

When I got out I couldn't wait any longer, so I wrapped myself in a towel and jumped on my bed. Finally, I checked my phone. Just to my surprise, a text notification hovered over my lock screen.

Nick :)

what's up?

watching netflix
you?

oooh what are u watching

none of your business unless you answer my question

i'm playing minecraft😔

I WANNA PLAY

yeah?
then come over tomorrow😏

it's a date😏

not unless you tell me what ur watching...

touché...
ninjago

LMAO

no shame

valid as fuck

stopppp i'm blushing🤪🤪🤪

No reply. I start getting nervous. Did he not get it was a joke? Thoughts fill my head until my screen changed. It's a facetime from Nick. SHIT. I'm in fact still in my towel from being too eager to check my phone. I scan my room. Finally, I find an oversized hoodie and throw it over my head. I answer the facetime.

"Y/N"

"NICK" I say, with the same energy.

The next 2 hours Nick and I stayed on facetime. He always knew what to say. I could listen to him talk for hours.

"So what time am I coming over tomorrow?" I asked. It was the first time either of us mentioned tomorrow.

"How about 2:30?"

"Sounds good."

I hear my front door open. As Nick was about to say something, I cut him off, knowing my mom or dad would come in my room any second.

"Uh I gotta go, just text me your address."

Cutting him off again I say, "Ok bye!" and hang up.