Explanation

Harry had no idea how long he'd been sitting curled up against Draco, and to tell the truth, he didn't want to know. But no matter how nice it was, he had things to do and he reluctantly pulled away.

"Feeling better?"

"I guess so, it's a little funny you know. They give me a ridiculous title and
place me up on a pedestal, so sure that they know exactly who I am and what I want. But nobody has ever asked. You're the first person in my entire life who has asked for my permission Draco,"

Draco was unhappy but not surprised by the world's treatment of Harry. Resigned to the idea that there would be no more cuddling, he sat up slightly in his chair but left his arm draped along the back of the sofa, just in case Harry felt like cuddling him again.

"Everyone was so sure they knew me they never bothered to find out who l really am. Even I didn't know who I was. I grew up with Muggles who hated me for being magic and then was thrown into the deep end in a world of wizards who practically worshipped me for surviving a mass murderer who took out my whole family," Harry let out a self-deprecating chuckle and Draco couldn't help but move his hand to rest on Harry's back. Harry smiled a little at the boy and continued:

"I figured out a couple things over the summer, I have no wish to follow Voldemort – he's a racist and a murderer, not to mention giant hypocrite. But I have no intention of being Dumbledores' weapon anymore either. I was ignorant and blind before, but now I see him for what he really is. A man; an idiot, who is power hungry and willing to sacrifice anything and anyone for the 'greater good' which is just a code for his own ascension. I've decided from here on out that I'll make my own way, follow my own path. A third side, if you will. I won't be the Lights 'Golden boy' anymore, surrounded by false friends and false promises. I just want to be true to myself. I hope that's okay with the two of you, since it seems you are invariably going to be drawn along for the ride." Harry paused here and looked at the two blondes.

"I think I may speak for both of us," Lucius began slowly, "when i say we will be very happy to back you in this. I agree with your sentiments that there is no good outcome to be gained from having either Dumbledore or the Dark Lord sitting at the helm. We will help you, to remove the shackles placed by both sides, including that dammed prophesy." Lucius gave him a long penetrating look. "You are not alone anymore, child. You have the Malfoys helping you now, and you will never again want for anything. I suggest the two of you take it easy for the rest of the day, and tomorrow I will accompany the two of you to Diagon Alley."

"Why are we going there father?"

"I have a few errands to run, and the two of you will need new books for your chosen classes. Not to mention Harry seems to be in need of some new clothes. I will see you both later."

"But I thought we had to be separated from the rest of Hogwarts while we're unbonded? Also do they expect us to bond in the next 2 days or how are we going to go back to classes?" Confused, Harry looked between the two Veela for answers.

"I don't believe they think you will complete your bond so quickly, more that after a few days the initial need will lessen some and the two of you should be able to return to classes with less chance of incidence - as I said earlier Harry. We are trying to make this as easy for both of you and we can. As for Diagon Alley, seclusion is typically done to remove the bonding pair from the influence of those who may not want the bond to occur. With your history, we secluded you from classes so that you may at least make your own decisions without someone attempting to separate you in an attempt to help you. I do not believe going to Diagon will prove to be a problem as no body and else knows of our heritage and so will be unlikely to cause issue."

"That makes sense I guess,"

Lucius nodded to the boys and left the room leaving the two boys comfortably close on the sofa, one reading and the other sketching.