"Today is not your lucky day, Capricorn-san,"

I let out a simper then came back to browsing the bookshelves, fishing out some novels. "Not my lucky day..." I whispered faintly to myself then huffed out a breath.

When did I ever got lucky?

When I got out of the bookstore, there was a black car in front of the store and Tadashi was waiting there, the family chauffeur.

"Tadashi, what are you doing in here?" I asked in disbelief just as I notice some attention from a few people walking around the sidewalk.

"I'm sorry young miss but your parents ordered me to take you home right now." The middle-aged man informed me politely.

I let out an exasperated sigh and walked towards the car, which Tadashi took the cue to open the car door for me. "Thank you," I mumbled before stepping inside the car.

I opened the paper bag and pulled out a novel to read a little on the way home.

"Yuri, where have you been?" My father asked sharply, his fingers tracing down the smooth fabric of the maroon curtains. His eyes were focused on the view from outside.

It was nice to see you too, father.

"I just went down to the bookstore to buy some books," I informed him, my grasp on the paper bag getting tighter, as if it was my source of strength. "I already told you a few days back that I will take a walk around the streets of Tokyo, father." I pursed my lips. "And you agreed to it."

Father, completely ignoring my reasons, replied curtly. "And this 'books' you have bought, does it help on your situation with Seijuro-kun?"

No. But it does help me forget about my responsibilities as an heiress. It does help me forget that I am Sendo Yurika, who had no freedom, who was like a caged bird that had forgotten how to fly and wished for someone that could teach her. And for once, wanting to feel like any other ordinary girl who was happy and free.

I guess I was not that ordinary girl I described back then...

With pursed lips, I thought of what I could say to my intimidating father, who was waiting impatiently for my reply. He turned to look at me and shook his head in disbelief and disappointment. "You always had that bad habit, Yuri," He remarked, and looked into my eyes, his eyes that was always cold as ice. But Akashi's eyes were far more colder. "When someone asks you a question, you have to answer directly."

I bowed my head and bit my lower lip. "I'm sorry, father," I muttered.

"You do know that you have an upcoming exam, am I correct?"

I raised my head to look at him. "Yes,"

"And what are you supposed to be doing?"

I swallowed, my throat suddenly feeling dry. I bit my lower lip again. "Studying." I muttered, getting a bit ashamed.

I've always studied a few days before an exam so I know and understand everything. But even if I say that, my father still wanted to make sure I do not make any errors and mistakes. He always wanted a perfect daughter. He always expected me to be perfect at everything. But I was still human. And I was bound to make mistakes sooner or later.

He wanted a perfect daughter... and I want to cry because I was far to become one.

"Yuri, I will ban your childish books and I will have Tadashi drive you on the way to school and home." Father declared without warning and I snapped my head back at him with wide eyes and he had nothing but a blank expression.

"What?" I whispered and took a few weak steps towards him. "Father, I... I," I wanted to complain. I wanted to let him know how books meant the world to me. And taking my last bit of freedom would definitely drive me crazy. And to call my books childish... It's like he was calling my freedom childish.

It's okay if I cannot hang out with my friends any longer, they will understand. "Father, please, don't do this." I whispered, trying not to let my voice crack. Because I was at the verge of tears.

"Leave, you are dismissed."

I looked at my father's eyes, finding signs if there's any emotion lingering. But all I saw through that impassive expression was nothing.

He really was not feeling guilty, is he? Not even a little bit.

I swallowed and bowed my head and breathed in, a chunk of sadness seem to join the air I was breathing.

Without a word or sound, I turned on my heels and walked away but before I could open the door, I took one last glance at my father who was watching me leave.

I closed the door and leaned my back on it then looked at the white ceiling. A tear escaped my eye but I quickly wiped it away and sighed deeply.

When I came back to my room, my bookshelves were empty, my textbooks were not even touched from where I'd left them on my study table. I bet the maids are in my room at the house in Kyoto, doing the same to my bookshelves.

My freedom was completely gone. Oh wait, I didn't even had a freedom to begin with.

I chuckled at my stupidity.

I dropped my body to lay flat on the bed and pulled out my phone. My eyes squinted at the brightness and I took the time to adjust. I looked through my contacts, scrolling down to find someone to talk to.

I needed someone to talk to, desperately.

I dialed Eri's number. No answer.

I dialed Yukari's number. No answer either.

Where were you guys when I needed you?

My vision started to become blurry, I didn't notice that tears had already escaped my eyes and soaking a part of my bed.

My eyes stopped to a name. I had forgotten about how I got this number. Eri must have took my phone without permission and saved his number.

But I didn't care at the moment. I dialed his number and rested my phone on my ear, hoping that he will and will not answer it.

"Who is this?" It was his first question once he answered my call.

I closed my eyes and felt more tears coming down and I simper. "Hi," I croaked.

There was brief silence before he spoke again. "Yuri," He stated my name with authority. "What do you want?"

"Nothing," I tried to make my voice sound normal but I completely failed. "I just... don't know what to do."

"You want someone to listen to your problems?" He scoffed. He really knew everything. "Because if you are, then I'm not that someone." He said simply, his tone ice cold.

I'd expected this from him.

I let out a weak laugh. "I know," I tried to wipe my tears away but more keep coming. "I just wanted to confirm if this is really your number." I lied.

He snorted and I can imagine him rolling his eyes. "And you think I'd believe that?"

I chuckled lowly. "I know," I repeated. "Sorry,"

He sighed. "Don't disturb me, Yuri," was all he said before the line clicked dead. He hang up on me.

I smiled sadly. "I'm sorry... Akashi..." I whispered then put my phone away. I let all my tears come out, maybe that way, I can feel better the next day.