Part Two

Rory woke to a beautiful morning

Rory woke to a beautiful morning.  The sunshine was brighter the birds were louder, the colors more vibrant. She stretched and smiled.  She reminded herself that it was her day off from the bakery.

Andy woke up feeling lighter than before.  He closed his eyes to see Rory's beautiful face and he smiled.  He reached for his phone.

A: Good morning, Beautiful

R: Good morning handsome

A: I have some things to take care of this morning, but I will be by to visit.

R: I'm just getting ready to clean and then I have some errands, but I'll be back in the afternoon

Andy frowned at his phone. He didn't want Rory out alone while Rumlow still lurked.  He made a call.

"Diskant, I need you to be on a security detail."

Sure boss.  Who?

"Aurora Thatcher.  She's going to run errands, but I don't want to frighten her.  Watch her place and escort her wherever she wants to go."

You got it boss. Send me the address.

Andy ended the call feeling better.  He would protect his girl. But first, he had a stop to make.

Rory cleaned up her apartment that had been neglected for the most part.  When she went to do her laundry, she realized that she needed to go to the dry cleaners for her aprons. Andy called and she was filled with joy.  The man was so attentive and sweet that she squealed.  She spun around, twirling on her toes.  She stopped and took a deep breath.  Finish your tasks Rory so you can spend tonight with him, she told herself.  She finished up and got dressed.

As she stepped outside, a familiar face startled her.  A face she had hoped to never see again. "Miss Thatcher."

Rumlow stood up from where he was leaning on the fence.  "I believe our discussion was not over."  The smirk on his face was playful but lustful.  Like a predator stalking his next meal.

"How did you find me?" Rory took a step back towards the door, her blood running cold.

"We know a lot about you Miss Thatcher." He could see the terror in her eyes, and he enjoyed it.  He stepped forward but another voice interrupted.

"Miss Thatcher!" Rory looked at the man and recognized him from dinner the night before. "I'm sorry for being late.  Mr. Barber said you wanted to run some errands.  Thank you Rumlow for watching his girl."

Rory looked at her savior and nodded.  "Y-yes.  Just needed to pick up some aprons."

Rumlow grinded his teeth in anger.  "Not a problem Diskant."  He turned to look at her.  "I'll be seeing you real soon."  He stomped off.

Rory sagged against the door frame.  "Thank you," she whispered.

"I'm sorry that I didn't get here faster Miss Thatcher.  Paul Diskant."  He offered his hand.