Late Night Talking

This one is kinda inspired by Late Night Talking by Harry Styles. If you know the lyrics you might notice some references to them in the dialogue.

I couldn't sleep. Instead, I was just laying awake thinking of him. My bOyFrIeNd. I just missed him, so no matter how hard I tried and tried to get to sleep, his face would pop into my mind and wake me back up again. I knew I probably shouldn't call him since it was like 12:30 in the morning, but I wanted to see him, and going to his house was not going to be an option because of his dad. So after a pleasant 20 minutes rethinking all of my life decisions, I got up and called his room phone. He didn't answer.

I just sat back down, giving up on sleep and life. I figured he was probably mad at me for calling so late. Or maybe he just didn't like me anymore. Or his dad had heard it and was currently investigating him. Now I really would never be able to stop thinking about him. Until about fifteen minutes later, when I heard the doorbell ring. I did not want to get up. I felt like I was gonna pass out just sitting there. I got up anyway though in case it was someone I knew, or my dad finally coming home from getting milk. I hoped they weren't in a rush because I most certainly was not.

When I finally got downstairs, I unlocked the door and opened it. All I could do was smile when I was met with the one and only. Billy Hargrove. 

"You look like shit" He said with a smirk.

"What are you even doing here?" I joked in response, trying to hold back a yawn.

"You called, and I'd rather sleep here than at my house." I looked him up and down and giggled a little bit. He was fully dressed in a dark blue button up, skinny jeans, a belt, and boots. "What?" He didn't get the memo.

"You came to sleep at my place with that outfit on?" I couldn't hold back my laughter anymore. I heard him laugh too as he placed an arm around my waist without me even noticing. When I stopped laughing, his other hand found itself on my jaw and he leaned in and kissed me. It was short, but it made me smile.

"So can I come in?" He asked in a low voice. It took everything in me not to kiss him again. Instead, I just started walking up the stairs, and he followed. I turned the lamp in my room on and sat on my bed as he walked in the room. He sat down right in front of me (no he did not still have shoes and socks on).

"So why'd you call?" He asked.

"I can't get you off my mind" I smiled at him.

"I'm flattered"

"Shut up"

"You're mean"

"Am not. My turn to ask a question."

"Shoot"

"How have you been?"

"You saw me a couple of days ago."

"That means nothing to me." We both laugh. 

"I've been good." He responds after a long comfortable silence. "How have you been?"

"I've been feeling down."

"How could I make you happier baby?" He tilted his head with a smile.

"You're cute."

"Don't ruin it" I thought it was funny that his position and expression had stayed exactly the same as he said that. So I leaned in and kissed him again. This one lasted longer. His right hand started on my shoulder and then trailed its way up to the back of my neck. My hands were on his knees to support myself since I was leaning forward to reach him. Eventually, his left hand lightly gripped my waist and pulled me closer to him. At that, I placed both my hands on his waist and kept them there. We both pulled away at the same time to get air and I leaned forward and rested my head on his left shoulder. Both his hands were now on my waist as well.

"I'm tired" I said softly.

"Well shit, maybe you should be going to bed then." He said in a quiet voice that matched what my own had sounded like a few seconds earlier. I lifted my head up to look at him.

"Well you're here now."

"Bold of you to assume I'm not tired."

"Well maybe both of us should go to bed then."

"Maybe we should." I got up to get him cloths from my dresser. "You're gonna have to borrow some of my Pajamas because I'm not letting you sleep with jeans on." He giggled.

I actually feel pretty good about this one, so I hope you liked it too. Thanks for reading.