~The truth~

Chapter 35 💪🏻 (Dont be a silent reader!!!!!!!!!!!)

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

When we got to the beach house, we immediately went inside to unpack. I called the diner to inform them I wouldnt be working for a month. They were ok with it surprisingly. I guess it was due to their being more workers than necessary. Thank god.

"You can have that half of the closet." Xavier says pointing to one side of the walk in closet. I nod and walk over to the drawers, placing my undergarments in one of them. Xavier does the same. "Had I never told you the truth about all of this... would you have given me a second chance?" He says suddenly. I look at him from the corner of my eye. Thats a good question....

"I think it would've taken a lot for me to have given you another chance." I say truthfully. Going back to putting my clothes on the hangers, he continues talking. "Davina, there's something I want to tell you... but I dont know if I'm ready to..." My chest tightens, and my hands fall to my sides. I knew there was more. We both agreed that over the time, would come more of the secrets. So I just accept it that way and let him take his time.

"How important is it to all of this?..." I ask turning my body towards him. He turns towards me sighing. "It has more to do with me myself than with all the Henry bullshit." He looks at me almost feeling bad that he wasnt ready to tell me. I didnt want to rush him... but I was nervous what this was about.

"Im afraid if I dont tell you sooner than later," He tenses his jaw. "This won't last...." His hand motions between us. My eyes flutter and I walk over to him. "Xavier... why would you think that? I already handled the fact that yall kill vampires." I place my hands on his face, making him look down at me. What could possibly make me leave...?

"Davina... if I tell you right now," His own hands cup my face. "Promise me you will hear me out. Promise me that you'll stay here... Promise me." I think for a moment. A hundred scenarios play out in my head. Through all the possibilities... I didnt see myself leaving him.

"I-I promise..." With my response, he drags me into the room and sits down with me. "When-When my mom died.... I wasnt eleven, Davina." He says holding my hand. "I was seventeen..." My head scrambles to attempt to connect the dots. But I can't figure it out. "How long ago did she die then?" He thinks about whether to tell me for a minute.

"Two years ago... she died two years ago." He says holding his breath. Now I'm no mathematician but that dosent work. "But if you were seventeen when she died, then how did she die two years ago?" I hear his breath tremble, along with his hands. I firmly grip them in comfort. "To ensure our safety while killing vampires... We had to become equal." What?