Chapter 3: Boss Territory Rival #1 (Kenji)

The sun rose into the background of Palmont as it was about 7 AM.

Cole rose up from the bed and stretched his arms and rubbed his eyes in a attempt to wake himself up.

"Well, another night in my hometown, but there is some racing I need to do today." Cole said as he got out from the bed and went over to the wardrobe to put on a certain pair of clothes.

"Thankfully the racing scenes here are different, my bounty is not a main or primary objective, so having to go up against the cops will be less stressful for me." Cole said as he walked over to the fridge, got a drink and something to eat. Afterwards, he walked over to the Mazda and got inside of it, afterwards, he drove out of the safehouse and he received a text from Nikki.

Free Roam is a great way to know about the Crews in Palmont and make some trouble with the Police. You can enter any races you encounter, as well as check out new rides in car lots all across the city.

While cruising around, you might get chased by the cops or get challenged into races by rival crews if you enter their territory.

"Okay, thanks for the heads up Nikki." Cole said, and drove into downtown to look for some races.

Cole drove around until he came across a race, which was a sprint race. With that, he called up Neville.

Cole: Hey, Neville, I found a race for us to attend. Get over here as soon as you can.

Neville: Alright, I'll be there soon.

Cole waited and waited until he saw Neville's car rolling up besides his.

They waited for their opponents to show up and came up to the starting line.

"You ready Neville?" Cole asked, to which he nodded.

"Yeah, let's get this run over with." Neville said and they waited for the flag to be waved.

"3, 2, 1, Go!" The flag girl yelled.

Cole got an okay start but didn't manage to slip pass his opponents until the first turn. Eventually he came into 1st place, As soon as Neville caught up, Cole gave the signal and Neville slowed down to block an opponent, Cole kept a hold onto the lead until he came across the finish line and was declared as the winner alongside Neville.

Cole received 5.2k as a reward for winning.

"Well, that was a good run, what about you Neville?" Cole asked looking at him.

"That was fun." Neville said and they drove off. Only to be cut off by Kenji and his crew.

"I heard you came back to town Cole, now I wanna you'll be gone." Kenji said coldly and drove off.

"Seems like he's still pissed about what happened that night. Don't you think?" Cole asked.

"It seems like it, yeah, but let's keep running. Maybe his mouthy talk will drop when you get through with him." Neville said and Cole nodded to that, as they drove off looking for more races.

They drove around until they came across another race, which was a circuit race. Their opponents came right up to them and they waited for the flag to be waved.

"3, 2, 1, Go!" The flag girl yelled.

Cole got an okay start alongside Neville, but he was able to catch up to his opponents and pass them. He kept a hold onto the lead for the rest of the race and eventually he came across the finish line, declared as the winner again alongside Neville.

Cole received 5.2k as a reward for winning.

Cole and Neville drove off to look for another race, and they came across a speedtrap.