The meeting

I had my earphones in, riding my skateboard down the street. I was hoping to go to a destination that would, in the end, decide wether I deserved to live ot not. The bridge. Now you see, this bridge didn't really have a name, all the locals just know it as the bridge, seen as it was one of the biggest landmarks around. If you saw it, you would know where you were.

Anyways, all you need to know, is that it was big enough to take you to the stairs of heaven, or down the pole of hell but you know. And if the impact didnt kill you, the deep water at the bottom would certainly finish the job.

I finally made it, and was peering over the cold, rusting, metal, bars looking to the bottom of the water. I had my skateboard by my feet, and my earphones started playing loose yourself by eminem. I was completely in my own world. I was just thinking of my family, and no its not a bad one actually. Well in my perspective its really not the best, but they're trying their best. I think so anyway. My mum does try bless her soul, but she always has to be right. And i always have to be what she wants me to be. I cant be a tom boy, and wear my own clothes around her without getting called a 'scruff'. She also would rather go out and drink than watch me play any sport, or do any type of play. and my dad, well i get to see him every other weekend. Thats if he's not 'working' but for the past two months he's cancelled on me. He doesn't usually get drunk i dont think, but when he does, his sober thoughts get taken over. Last time i found out how he really felt about me. It wasn't pleasant.

On the brighter side, i have a brother, andd a uncle/brother/father figure who isnt blood related who actually cares about me. My brother is called Luke, and he's amazing. When ever im upset he tries his best to help me, and he always supports me. And my uncle...brother... fath- ill just call him Murphy, Murph for short. Well hes the best, the reason im still here to be honest. He always makes sure im safe, always makes sure im 'ok' , and helps me do what i want (within reason) such as what i want my future jobs to be. But my mind changes every 2 weeks. First it was a footballer, then an actress, then a firefighter, and now i want to be a fire fighter in the royal air force, just like murph. I personally think everyone needs a Murphy in their life, i know i did.

Nobody knows about my mental health though. Not. Even. Murph. And I suppose thats a bad thing about me, I have never let anyone know about whats on my mind and i wish i could, I really do. But quite simply, i cant.

"Hey kid, watcha thinkin?" A guy with blue sunglasses, brown hair snapped me out of my own little world.
"I - erm.. nothing just nice view you know." I replied, trying to keep my tears at bay.
"Im not that stupid kiddo, come on, just step away from the edge. I can take you for a coffee, we can talk about life." He replied, he seemed quite nice to be honest.

I also should mention, all my family, my mum, dad, luke, Murphy. They're all back home in England. And im in America, homeless. Confusing i know. But you will figure out how at some point.

"I erm.. you know what. Sure." I said, trying to smile. Maybe, today wasn't the day. Or maybe I'll come back after he tried to make me 'think about my family aaaw boo hoo' .

"You want to walk or do you want to drive?" He asked. He may seem friendly but hes still a stranger, i dont think it would be smart of me to get in a car with him. "Walk i guess." I said, while flipping my skateboard up and putting my earphones away. He just stud there. "Well, i dont know the way so your gonna have to you know.. " i said, hinting at him to start moving.

"Before we do I have one small question, are you high?" He asked, i got abit scared to be honest. Is he the plod or something?.
"What the fuck is it too you mystery man? Now you do want to go for a coffee or not?" I said, quite agitated. I mean, I might've been a tad high but that was absolutely nothing to do with him!
"Chill out champ, just looking out for you. Come on ill take us too the nearest coffee shop and get you whatever you want. If you agree to tell me everything i ask." He said, sincerely. I could tell he wasn't lying.

"Yeah whatever deal. My names Paige by the way."I replied
"Tony. Tony stark." He said back. "Holy shit!! Your ironman! . You are, arent you?" He laughed at my excitement, "i sure am kid. You a fan?" i didn't really know what to say back to this.
"I mean, my old room was filled with avengers posters. And i had loads of little models of iron man. So yeah im quite a big fan lol." I mean i was trying to my best to keep all my excitement at bay here. I had actually forgot about all the bad stuff before. Maybe Today wasn't the day.

Its wasn't long before we made it to 'charli's café' and Tony was ordering me a vanilla iced coffee. I went to find a table, i ended up getting a booth and put my skateboard on the other seat next to me which I wasn't using.

"Here u go Paige. One large vanilla iced late for you, and one mocha for me." He said while placing the cups on the table of a tray he used to carry them. "Cheers." I said, in quite a happy tone.

"Yeah no problem sweet, now remember the deal?" I just nodded to his question. "Well i want to know why you where there." I looked at him confusingly. "So basically your saying you want me to tell you my whole life story?" I asked. He nodded.

"Well, it started when i was 11 and my Uncle Peo died. I started getting depressed and had minor anxiety. I also have ADHD too, but had that since i was 5. Anyways, it gradually got worse, until my mum started drinking constantly and basically forgot about me. Murphy, hes like my brother and dad and uncle all in one, tried to help me out and look after me. And so did my brother Luke, but my mum was having non of it and put me into foster care. No-one could look after me because of my behaviour so i got sent to America to live with these really strict people who arent nice at all. I ran away 3 years ago and they havent looked for me since so im guessing they dont care. Ive kept in contact with Luke and Murph but not seen them since i left England. And now im a 15 year old druggy, who cant do anything right in her life."

Tony looked at me with sympathetic eyes, which annoyed me quite alot but I decided not to act on it. "Hey look kid, i could help you out if you want. You can come live with me and my other half, I could help you with your behaviour. Its up too you, but all i need to do is make a couple calls and you'll be able to stay with me." He said.

I looked at him witb shocked eyes. "What. The. Fuck?! You would help a random girl you met like 30 mins ago and ask her if she wanted to stay with you? Your like famous and stuff and i would just get in the way and i would probably completely ruin your life and reputation and...." I just trailed off.

"You done yet? Listen, i wouldnt have offered if I thought it would ruin my life. Now, stop thinking about me, and think about yourself and if you want to have a space to live in." He said back. I just nodded. I couldnt speak, i dont know what it is, i just completely lost my emotions, but i did say a small 'thank you' in a very meaningful tone.