𝐕𝟏: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 - 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒-𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦

Start from the beginning

Lelouch didn't seem to like all the attention we were getting. Some girls were looking at him with red faces. I heard him mutter. "Not again..." Which confused me a little. Not again what? Was it because the girls seemed to have a fever?

Light also seemed to be getting attention from the girls, but unlike Lelouch who was trying his best to avoid attention, Light just smiled gently at the girls, causing some of them to shout things like "Kyaa."

Hayasaka and Kaguya didn't seem to mind people's attention. They were the same when we were getting attention as soon as we arrived at school. Jabami and Miyuki didn't seem to mind the attention either.

As soon as the entrance ceremony was over, some people approached us. Some girls walked up to Lelouch and Light as they had a smile on their faces. Light's smile looked kind, and although Lelouch's also looked kind, there was a touch of nervousness in that smile.

I didn't understand the reason for this, but I guess I shouldn't waste time thinking about it.

Hayasaka seemed to be able to converse with the girls who approached her quietly. It seems that she did not lie when she said that she was able to fit in with any group with ease. She talks to the girls as if they have known each other for a long time, something that impressed me greatly.

Maybe I should ask her for some tips?

While I was thinking, I quickly noticed something...

Without realizing it, I ended up completely alone.

Even Sora and Shiro had some people with them. Some girls mentioning how cute Shiro was, which made her just hide from Sora. She seemed to be afraid of those girls. In fact, Sora also seemed a little tense, which confused me.

He talked confidently with our classmates, why did he seem nervous now?

Some people asked about the uniform, but they answered evasively, saying that they didn't know either. It didn't take long for things to calm down. Everyone needed to go to their respective classes, and so my classmates and I quickly went to our class.

"By the way, you said your brother is in third grade, right, Shiba?" Light suddenly asked Miyuki.

"Yes, Oniisama should be on the student council." She replied before speaking again. "Ah, it's okay if you guys call me Miyuki, it might avoid a confusing situation if we are together."

"Alright, Miyuki then," Light said with a gentle smile. I didn't miss his little flick of an eyebrow when she said Oniisama.

I was curious about it too, but like the others, I didn't say anything. No one seemed to want to pry too much, or so I thought.

"Why do you call him Oniisama?" Victorique however, was different. "He's your brother, right?" For the first time since she finished her book on the bus, she didn't look bored. Her expression was curious, as was everyone else's.

Everyone's attention was turned to her. Even Kaguya's cold expression seemed curious, although she didn't show it.

Sora and Shiro who were walking hand in hand were also watching with curiosity.

"Sama" is a suffix that shows extreme respect for the person being spoken to. It is usually used with older people, authorities, or simply people who are higher up in the hierarchy. It is also common for companies to use "sama" when treating their customers.

This being so, it is rather strange that she uses this suffix with her own brother.

"We've been together forever before he entered this school," she began, "He always protected me from any situations, even the ones I was guilty of. I have gained a great admiration for Oniisama."